The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my 50 caliber Isaac Haines model flintlock built by Jackie Brown from Missippi. The 50 caliber was built and shipped for $1,180. He used a 38 inch swamped barrel, single trigger, aged iron furniture, L&R Classic lock, Super premium curly maple wood. He's now building me a Lancaster style 45 cal using parts from a project rifle I picked up in Western Maryland this summer. 44 inch Douglas barrel with German Silver furnature. I requested he build these rifle on the Plain Jaine side since I would be using them for hunting and target shooting. No inlays, patch box or fancy carving.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
That’s an art piece! No gun is more beautiful than a well made flintlock like that. I’ve really been itching to have one made for myself, gonna have to take the plunge soon🙂 What was the turn around time on your rifle?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Nice flinter, kind of looks like my hatfield without the set trigger.

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
That’s an art piece! No gun is more beautiful than a well made flintlock like that. I’ve really been itching to have one made for myself, gonna have to take the plunge soon🙂 What was the turn around time on your rifle?
Be careful, once you start down that path, forever will it consume your destiny.

Or something like that.

I set out to own ONE custom long rifle. I got it.

Now I own two and am slowly putting together parts to start building my own.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Be careful, once you start down that path, forever will it consume your destiny.

Or something like that.

I set out to own ONE custom long rifle. I got it.

Now I own two and am slowly putting together parts to start building my own.
That’s how I am already with my traditional bows😂

Seriously though I’ve really been itching the last couple of years to start using my flintlock as my bear and deer rifle. What stops me is I just don’t like my flintlock, an old Lyman deerstalker. It goes off most of the time and is plenty accurate, I just don’t like it. Now if I had a nice pretty custom flinter......😁

·
Registered
618 Posts
Great looking rifles...! I've always liked the plain rifles, more like the common man would have used back then. Both guns I've built I tried for this look. Awesome curl in that stock.

·
Premium Member
4,370 Posts
Thank you for your service, it is greatly appreciated!:thumbs:

Best of luck with your rifle. It is really a beauty!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Nothing else like a corinth school of longrifles....enjoy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts