The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some old strip mine ponds located in the Pot Ridge Area of the Gallitzin State Forest. One of the ponds holds some dandy bluegills and I decided to fish it today. I was shocked when I saw the this sign posted by the ponds. I knew ponds 1 & 2 held bluegills. I didn't realize they were stocked with bass and that there were fish in the other 7 ponds.

I decided to hit a bunch of the ponds and did very well.

Only Pond 2 produced a bass and it was only about 7 inches but I had a blast today!

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Rick, if you go again and want some company, let me know. I haven't fished local waters in years. Don't have much freshwater stuff anymore, but could get whatever terminal tackle I'd need. Did you fish with live bait or artificials?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gentleben said:
Rick, if you go again and want some company, let me know. I haven't fished local waters in years. Don't have much freshwater stuff anymore, but could get whatever terminal tackle I'd need. Did you fish with live bait or artificials?
I used both and had success with both. I had some wax worms left over from a trout fishing outing I took a week or so ago.

PM Sent.

·
Super Moderator
23,760 Posts
Try a beetle spin. Best lure ever for small,ponds.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anyone ever fish the mead run ponds in the allegheny national forest in Mckean county? I was thinking of trying it this weekend and wondered if there are bass to be had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts