·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show-

·
Registered
115 Posts
They can explain it and make as many excuses as they want but the bottom line is they are collapsing to the anti-gun crowd. They are not supporting us, the every day sportsmen and women. They are making a knee jerk reaction and lumping us, the law biding citizen into the crazed folk that are committing these horrific acts. I don't own a single one of these style guns or magazines, nor at this time do I plan on it, but I will support the rights of my fellow sportsman's to own one if they choose and will not support somebody like this sports show that doesn't back the people who have supported them for years, I don't care what they use as an excuse.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blueeagle said:
Not to bust your bubble but in 1955 they didn't have compound bows either. Just saying.
1955 was vietnam witch in vietnam they had m16 witch the ar 15 is the civilian model that was my point even thought the guns was made in 1957 and produced in the 1960's.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But to answer your question no they didnt have bows then but the bow was made in 1966 still during the vietnam war.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blueeagle said:
Some people just can't see the forest for the trees.... Have a good time at the show. I don't recall asking a question.
I was just saying they make a valid point by saying they are keeping it traditional.

·
Registered
611 Posts
"If we don't hang together, we will surely hang seperately"

Wise words from the past

Enjoy the show. It should be pretty easy to get around.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Horse puckey. Thats just an excuse and a very poor one.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blueeagle said:
Some people just can't see the forest for the trees.... Have a good time at the show. I don't recall asking a question.
Also I can see the forest for the trees I understand they took the guns out because of all the anti gun people and people trying to ban the guns but. I was just saying they make a valid point that traditional hunting didnt rely on Assault rifles. I own assault rifles I'm against them trying to ban them and magazine sizes. But I'm not going to the show for assault rifles I'm going for hunting and outdoors witch the show is about it's not a gun show.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The fact that you label your modern sporting semi-automatic rifle an "assault rifle" makes me wonder if you really own one? We have to get away from that label.

If what your purport to be true, I say we go back to the Kentucky Rifle. That has a much longer rich tradition that these new modern lead slingers (bolts, levers, pumps, semi-auto). We might have been born at night but it wasn't last night. Reed caved to the anti-gunners. You don't need to justify why you are going. Just go, but when they come looking for your Bow, don't come looking for us to stand beside you.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blueeagle said:
Than I hope your carrying a traditional long bow when you hunt. I'm done with this thread.
I guess you cant read corectly? I said I dont back the ban on guns or back the ban on magazines. I own assault rifles myself and I'am not going to the show for the guns it's not a gun show it's about hunting and fishing and outdoor's. I back every one and there decision for not going. Also I stated I'm still going because of my GF and her family. Way to try and put down a 17 year old lol.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
bdemutis said:
I was just saying they make a valid point by saying they are keeping it traditional.
not point excuse. Its a bow down, cop out , whatever you want to call it. if that was the case they should get rid of the $50,000 bass boats.
traditions change all the time. I just hope it doesnt become "traditional" to support the people who dont support the second amendment.
I struggled with my decision not to go. the sports show is the only place i know that still sells the traditional sham-wow we have all used to enjoy the outdoors for so long.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
scottm2012 said:
The fact that you label your modern sporting semi-automatic rifle an "assault rifle" makes me wonder if you really own one? We have to get away from that label.

If what your purport to be true, I say we go back to the Kentucky Rifle. That has a much longer rich tradition that these new modern lead slingers (bolts, levers, pumps, semi-auto). We might have been born at night but it wasn't last night. Reed caved to the anti-gunners. You don't need to justify why you are going. Just go, but when they come looking for your Bow, don't come looking for us to stand beside you.
So your telling me a SKS and a AR15 are modern hunting rifles? I'm pretty sure Military weapons are classified as assault rifles. Now a bolt action on the other hand or my 30-30 lever is considered a hunting rifle. I said I dont back the Anti-gunners. I didnt know this thread would generate so many people trying to attack me. If you would read clearly you would see the point I was making. That its not a gun show it's a Hunting and fishing and outdoors expo.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To make it more simple so you dont have to attack me. I dont agree with the anti-gunners and I dont back them. I own a AR-15 and a SKS. But my point was that it's not a gun show like the greater philadelphia gun expo. The ESOS is about hunting,fishing,camping it's about being the great outdoors not just about guns.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts