The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Not as good without Dave Canterbary. He now has his own youtube channel wilderness outfiiters/the pathfinderschool
They seem to be making it more dramatic

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I prefer Dave over the new guy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i liked dave a lot more than the new guy too. but dave admitted it's his own fault he got fired. i think it's good he set the record straight though and i respect him for that.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Have seen 3 shows with Joe and don't think he's not any good, just like Dave better. Hear Dave and Mike Hawk are getting together for a show that will air on outdoor channel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hightine said:
Have seen 3 shows with Joe and don't think he's not any good, just like Dave better. Hear Dave and Mike Hawk are getting together for a show that will air on outdoor channel.
very cool, I hadn't heard that. I though Mike Hawke had a lot of practical advice and didn't BS a lot on Man Woman Wild. The fact that they had to call in for rescue on a couple occasions only improved their credibility in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the new guy is ok but the show overall is different.

My opinion is that "the hook" to the show was having 2 "experts" with different mind sets. I think they (the producers) are trying to take advantage of that but it seems they have taken it too far. Cody and Joe seem to spend more time disagreeing than anything else.

I saw Dave's YouTube apology for lying about his background and, not that it matters, he gained some respect.

I will still watch the show and others like it because its better than just about everything else on the tube.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I liked the show better with Cody and Dave, as mentioned above the new guy and Cody just disagree most of the time and do their own thing. I didn't know Dave lied about his background, what happened?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I just saw the new show this week. I was surprised and disappointed to see the new guy. A little meak and mild till he stuck a bowie into a wild pig. Then it seemed he had a flashback...Good luck Dave.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
scott topic said:
apparently dave fudged some of his military experience when he applied for the role in the first place. that got him canned.

he posted an apology on his youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDmRrJ-GdUA
Interesting. I was wondering what happened to him. I dont think I heard him offer an apology to the Discovery Channel though?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Haven't watched it as much. First one I saw the new guy struggled killing a snake for dinner, and during the ordeal seemed kinda babyish about Cody teasing him.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
fishdoctor said:
First one I saw the new guy struggled killing a snake for dinner, and during the ordeal seemed kinda babyish about Cody teasing him.
yup

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm kinda sick of the new guy joe always saying "in my training we did..."
Really we all don't have to be reminded how much of a hard core guy he was

·
Registered
823 Posts
I heard the new guy is from Carnegie, PA. I thought I might have detected a slight Pittsburgh accent sneak out of him a couple of times on the show I watched.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Swift said:
fishdoctor said:
First one I saw the new guy struggled killing a snake for dinner, and during the ordeal seemed kinda babyish about Cody teasing him.
yup
There were large rocks all around him and he chose a little stick. Couldn't he pick up a large rock and throw it at the basically trapped snake.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts