The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy wants me to help him shop a crossbow with a crank style mechanism for his 80 year old father. I’m an archery hunter but never even held a crossbow. He’s not looking to go real expensive, but any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
You might want to give Wicked Ridge a look. They have some decent looking crossbows at a moderate pricepoint.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Carbon Express, they cone with a draw cord and a crank and they are not prohibitively expensive.

·
Registered
18,566 Posts
I would look at the Wicked Ridge Invader X4 with the Acudraw mechanical crank. A solid American company with great customer service. Its a moderately priced crossbow around $600 all set and ready to go.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
I’m looking at a Wicked Ridge Warrior for my daughter. Nice and light and compact and reasonable price to get going. I wasn’t going to add a crank for her, but if she wants want it’s easy to add one to their bows.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I like Ten Point Turbo xlt, Longer butt stock fits well. Those short x bows just dont fill right to me. Only my opinion, but if he gun hunted then the Turbo would fit nice

·
Registered
512 Posts
I like Killer Instinct Crossbows, Small, deadly, 1 Inch groups at 40 yards off a bench,
They have a hand crank also that is ez to use, My sister has one also and she loves it.

Too many choices, I have tried about 4 to 5 different ones and like this the best.

Good Luck, Stant

·
Registered
791 Posts
If ya don't want to spend a real lot of money look around for a used one, I just picked up a Barnett Brotherhood for $200, it doesn't have a crank handle though but there should be some good used ones with crank handles. Either way, good luck & hope ya help your buddy get a good one, and that's pretty cool his 80 year old Dad wants to give the Xbow a try.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes Waynzee it’s awesome. Last week he had part of his kidney removed because of cancer and all he’s worried about is being in the deer woods!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts