The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New crossbow for my son

I bought him a Barnett recruit with the compound limbs and upgraded the scope to a Hawke last year. It almost immediately had a safety issue where once cocked you couldn't get the safety to disengage without putting the rope on the string and pulling unto the safety moved position. I took it to my dealer and he said it was fixed. So yesterday we go to shoot and when he is cocking it the arrow retention spring snaps and flies across the yard and then of course the safety stayed on. I am done with this boat anchor. I bought him a Parker Bushwhacker last night on Ebay and got it for 255.00. I read about Parker and they seem to be very good bows. Did I make a good decision for him?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: New crossbow for my son

I'm don't know about the Bushwhacker. But myself and two others I know own Parkers. We are all happy with them.

·
Registered
424 Posts

255 new is a great buy, you did alright with that deal and ended up with a better crossbow and customer service. It is parkers slowest adult crossbow but it is lightweight and quite accurate and built with same parts as their higher end crossbows, it just don't have the same cams and bells and whistles of some of the higher end bows, thus the lower price. Good luck to you and your son this season.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts

I think you were cocking the Recruit wrong. The open end of the cocker hooks goes up when cocking the Recruit and Raptor models. I have sold close to 100 of these models with only two having an issue. That is a very good rate of failure in the crossbow business. However it only applies to those two models. The Parker Bushwacker is an excellent crossbow as well. I've never had one come back with an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts