The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been shooting a Horton that was brand new in 2004, and decided to upgrade this season.

I ended on a Matrix G340. Really excited about this. Can’t wait!

Anyone shoot one? I enjoy the simplicity of the Excaliburs, and the durability.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My father in law has the Vortex, which is a bit larger, and discontinued. My brother in law has the Matrix 355. I like them a lot. I'm just excited for it to come in!!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Some info...

The Matrix G340 is advertised at 5.5 pounds. Comparison weight with the crossbow in full hunt mode is 8.5 pounds.

The uncocked width of the G340 is 30.5 inches. It’s not the narrowest crossbow on the market by any stretch, but these are typical recurve widths at this price point.

It has a draw weight of 230 lbs. with a draw length of 15.5 inches, and can be easily cocked by hand with the included rope cocking aid. The safety is not auto engaging, however, and must be manually placed in the safe position.

It's advertised speed is 340 FPS (feet per second) with the packaged 18” 358 grain Diablo arrows. The bow will consistently shoot 343 FPS. The trigger has minimal take up, is firm, and breaks crisply right where you expect it to at 3.5 pounds. For its price point, the Matrix G340 has a very good trigger.

It will consistently hold 2.5 inch groups at 30 yards. For those not fixated on FPS speed ratings, the G340 crossbow is a rock solid offering from a proven company.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I take it you know your stuff! I appreciate the info!

I'm excited to get it out and see how it does. I'm still debating broadheads. My FIL and BIL both shoot the Excalibur Boltcutters in 150gr. Fortunately, I have some 100 Thunderheads, some 125 Thunderheads and 150 Boltcutters to try out.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I take it you know your stuff! I appreciate the info!

I'm excited to get it out and see how it does. I'm still debating broadheads. My FIL and BIL both shoot the Excalibur Boltcutters in 150gr. Fortunately, I have some 100 Thunderheads, some 125 Thunderheads and 150 Boltcutters to try out.
Not really but I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. :LOL:

At 340 FPS you should be able to get your 100 gr. Thunderheads to group. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts