The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm thinking that I'm building a camp this summer.
I'd like some thoughts on a 32×40 with a block foundation with a crawspase.
Definitely going with a wood burner and I'm thinking a Mitsubishi system and it will be in a wooded setting

·
Registered
329 Posts
Frank1969-One thought is to make sure it is big enough and anticipate more guests coming. My father, brother and I built one a year ago. At the old camp it was only ever the 3 of us and the other owner, so we figured we just needed enough for us three. Little did we know the rest of the family loved what we did and now everyone wants to come up, we tend to be a little cramped. We went 20x36, I wish we would have went 32x40.

Also, we did a post and beam foundation to keep air moving and not allow the critters to make a home.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ok I'm thinking that I'm building a camp this summer.
I'd like some thoughts on a 32×40 with a block foundation with a crawspase.
Definitely going with a wood burner and I'm thinking a Mitsubishi system and it will be in a wooded setting
Mitsubishis are good ductless units. I would suggest giving Fujitsu a look as well. The Fujitsu RLS3 line in particular provides fantastic efficiency for the cost. I believe they outperform Mitsu by a bit. Are you planning a single or multi head? Daikin also offers a good product, especially for the multis.

I used an LG at our camp. LG is my least favorite of the ductless units I install but was the best way to get WiFi on a 2.5 ton unit at the time.

Good luck with the build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts