The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys - I ahve narrowed down my choices for a Croosbow to either TenPoint Titan HLX or a Parker Tornado. I have looked at both and both have features I like. Price is about the same. Thought?

Tks

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I like my Tenpoint Titan, very accurate and the accu-draw
makes it easy to cock and load. The only complaint I have
is that the red dot scope flickers on and off sometimes.
When it works correctly it is a nice scope.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Tornado with Hawke optic here....i think it truely is a "can't go wrong" crossbow.

Buying another for the troops in 2010.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Of the two I would opt for the Tornado. More compact, a touch faster and better optic on top. The Ten Point is quality as well.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I also bought a tornado with the hawke fixed 3X scope on it, can't go wrong. Arrowhead will fix you up, you can't beat his deal. Great guy to do business with, also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tks Guys

I am new to this site so I don'T know if this reply will get to all of you.

last question? I have read and heard of Tornado Limb Breakage. Self inflicked or design flaw?

I do like the Tornado a bit more than the Titan.

Tks
Buffchipz

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
All the problems we are seeing with the Tornado are user error. If you take time to read the owners manual, you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tks for all the input. I have also done some more research. I have now made up my mind. In an effort to not offend any readers I will not state which crossbow I have decided on but from the replys I can see where both crossbows are quality items. I would not go wrong with either choice.

Tks
Buffchipz

Arrowhead - Any reputable dealers near me that you deal with? I am north of Scranton.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Buffchipz, I would really appreciate the business. If you are more comfortable buying local, give me a call and I'll help you find a local dealer. 814-662-4321

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tks Arrowhead for your input. I would really like to do business with you but I am concerned about issues like service, problems, hands on, etc. I would like to ask you more but this may not be the forum. My Email is [email protected]. If you can give me an Email address it would make our conversation easier.

I have made up my mind and will be buying as soon as the weather breaks.

Tks
Bill Laird

·
Registered
561 Posts
My son (amputee) shoots a Tenpoint. Two years ago we had the flange break that attaches the rear of the trigger mechanism to the stock. I called Tenpoint to see if we could still safely use it as we were heading out for the weekend. Tenpoint overnighted the parts, called me Friday to see that I had them and if I had any questions, then called back Monday to see how we fared and if we had any success. Based on that customer experience I would shoot nothing else than Tenpoint.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts