The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the last few years I have been suing a crossbow due to having the kids hunting with me. Well my wife is leaving me due to working too much so i can now go back to a compound bow when I hunt. She told me I cannot take her boys with me anymore so I have no need to keep the crossbow. So my question is:

What compund bow and full setup would you buy if you could? I have enough to get about whatever I want for a bow but have not shot a compound bow in 4years.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Congrats on being single! Wish I’d stayed that way...but anyways...

Like said before me go to a “pro” shop and shoot a few different flagship bows. I’d say the two best manufacturers out there right now is Hoyt and Bowtech. It was real hard to decide between the Hoyt Axius and the Bowtech Revolt for me. I went with the Axius. I guess the flagship 2021 bows have not been released by Hoyt or Bowtech yet.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I guess ill wait for the 2021 bows to come out and go shoot a few. I typically go with PSE or Hoyt but am open to others.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Thanks. I guess ill wait for the 2021 bows to come out and go shoot a few. I typically go with PSE or Hoyt but am open to others.
Many of the '21s are out. I will throw my hat in the ring and say try out a Prime. Like yellodog said, try a bunch of different rigs, you will find one that feels like an extension of your arm and go with that one.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hoyt releases their new bows today and bowtech releases theirs tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Congrats on being single! Wish I’d stayed that way...but anyways...

Like said before me go to a “pro” shop and shoot a few different flagship bows. I’d say the two best manufacturers out there right now is Hoyt and Bowtech. It was real hard to decide between the Hoyt Axius and the Bowtech Revolt for me. I went with the Axius. I guess the flagship 2021 bows have not been released by Hoyt or Bowtech yet.
Amen brother

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Always best to know what kind of specs your looking for in a bow, that helps narrow your choices down. I like 34-35 inch ATA and 6.5-7.0 brace height. I just bought a Revolt X at 33 ATA and is the shortest bow I've ever owned. So far I like it but wish the riser window was longer. Can't go wrong with Bowtech, Elite, PSE, Hoyt, and Mathews. Many bows now you can adjust either the cam or the limb pocket for tuning without needing to shim. It still pays to have a bow press and draw board for timing cams, rest and for getting peep rotation right.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I bought a Hoyt Hyperforce back in 2018 and love it. Won't shoot anything but a Hoyt. I use a QAD rest and Beman Arrows. I also use a Fuse one pin sight. Try shooting a new Hoyt they were just released today or see if you can get a good deal on a 2020 model.

·
Registered
20,953 Posts
So for the last few years I have been suing a crossbow due to having the kids hunting with me. Well my wife is leaving me due to working too much so i can now go back to a compound bow when I hunt. She told me I cannot take her boys with me anymore so I have no need to keep the crossbow. So my question is:

What compund bow and full setup would you buy if you could? I have enough to get about whatever I want for a bow but have not shot a compound bow in 4years.
Mrs. Retaks: I'm leaving you because you work too much. Also, you cant take the boys hunting anymore!
Retaks: What kind of compound bow should I get?

I LOVE that when his life is crumbling, this guy finds a silver lining!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mrs. Retaks: I'm leaving you because you work too much. Also, you cant take the boys hunting anymore!
Retaks: What kind of compound bow should I get?

I LOVE that when his life is crumbling, this guy finds a silver lining!
You always have too look at the good side to things. More hunting for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts