The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you guys may have read the story of my first traditional archery harvest that happened in 2018. It was the last deer I got to show my mother before she lost her battle with cancer. Was a very special harvest and one I will never forget. Needless to say that it got me hooked on traditional archery. I had a bow on order from Bob Smith at Big Stick Archery before that harvest, and before I found out that my mom had cancer. I asked Bob to make this bow sort of a tribute bow and put my moms name on the top limb.

I also hit up Drew at Selway Archery to see if he would put a design I made up onto one of Selways Quick Detach Quivers. I had him do the stitching in purple as it was my moms favorite color.

I finished up those cedars last week as well. I shot the Assassin this weekend and in love. It is quite, smooth, light, and accurate. I origionally was going to get one of Bob's higher end bows with stipled grips, and laminate wood limbs with clear glass, but decided i like the look of black glass on the bow. I am not a flashy guy anyway. I may get a high end model in the future but feel this bow is going to be my lifer. Here are some photos of the bow for you all to enjoy. I asked Bob to keep the build more natural colored and stick with Bocote, and black accents. I love how the build turned out and couldn't be happier. I will be trying the bow for gobblers this spring as well.

Thanks for the look. Here is a link to my article on my first traditional archer harvest in case you didn't get to read it:

http://www.fullcircleoutdoorlifestyle.com/2018/12/one-last-deer-to-show-mom.html

Attachments

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Buddy great tribute to your Mom! Wish you all the luck on getting a spring bird with that special bow!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts