The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought a new Bear Attack. I have everything I need except for a sight. I have looked at a few and nothing caught my eye. Any ideas on what I should get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Anything Spot-Hogg. Regardless of which price range you're looking for, nothing else compares.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I really like my Sword for the money.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I like Cobra sights. I did have one break on me (the fiber optic) but I called Cobra and explained the situation and they sent me a replacement piece of fiber optic. The Cobra sight that is currently on my bow is the Boomslang LT I believe it is called and it had three pins which are the 29 diameter fiber optic and has a light. The sight that broke was a four pin with 19 diameter fiber optic and the fiber optic broke because it was not left long enought from the wrap to the pin for me to make pin adjustments. Anyways I like the sights because I think they are a simple design and also affordable.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Black Gold. I have the Solaris and really like it. The photochromatic cover really does reduce pin halos. Service is great too. I accidentally threw out the mounting screws in the package it came in. Contacted the company asking what size they were so i could buy some. They sent me two new ones right away at no cost.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I use a Range Rover single pin. I am a dedicated peep sight rifle shooter and I have no problem with dialing in hold over on my TomKat. After a bit of prctice, it all falls into place. Too many pins get confusing

·
Registered
284 Posts
i love my g5 xr2. crazy ammount of features like nice bubble level, 1 fixed and one floater pin, harmonic dampner, and magnesium alloy thats lighter than aluminum. its pretty sweet. and best part is i didnt pay full price for mine. a little hint is to check ebay.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Check out the Spot Hogg (I have the Tommy and love it!) sights, Apex, and HHA. All are reliable, but beyond that is shooter preference.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I just picked up an Apex bone collector 4 pin sight. I origionally went there to look at the HHA optimizer ultra but i didnt like how stiff the dial turned and it was pretty bulky. The apex was just under a hundred dollars and its super bright. Its micro adjust windage and elevation adjust. The top 2 pins are .019 thickness and the bottom 2 are .010. My bow shoots over 300 ft/sec so the top pin is good to 30 and the second is set to 40. Its also got a push button sight light that works great. You should check it out.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I am also in the market for a new sight and have been doing some research. I am leaning highly towards the Apex bone collector or the Truglo Tru Sight Extreme. I want something that is durable and I know the bone collector is durable with the fiber optics being cased in stainless steel tubes. My only concern with the bone collector is the fact that all the pins are the same color. Not sure why they would have made it like this, but I still like the sight.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
You know, i never really thought about the pin colors much. Ive always shot single pins so the biggest transition for me is having the extra pins in the sight housing but ive gotten used to it rather quickly. The colors dont throw me off though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts