The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to lancaster archery today and shot the mathews z7 and the Mathews S2. The person that was helping me said he wanted me to try the hoyt maxxis. I really like how the hoyt felt. I was kinda dissapointed with the mathews Z7. They made it sound like it was the smoothest speed bow out and to me the maxxis is just as smooth. I also shot a bowtech S.W.A.T. Its a nice bow but not the bow for me. Right now its between the mathews Z7 and the hoyt. Any other bow suggestions i should try out.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If your going to use the bow for hunting only, you should check out the Elite Z28. I shoot the Elite GT500 & think it is one of the best bows out there right now.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Look into PSE bow madness,very smooth single cam bow, You can not go wrong for the price. I have the 32 and love it.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I am interested in this post, as I am trying to make a decision between the same two bows. Haven't got to shoot one yet, have to wait till I get home.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Did you check out the Mission Eliminator 2? It is basically the DXT without all the bells and whistles. You can add the new Mathews string stop and the new harmonic dampener and still be around $500.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I bought a new mathews reezen 6.5 mid summer. I have shot hoyt for over 15 years and the reezen just felt better than the hoyts i shot at the shop. the day i bought my reezen, i shot the elite z28, gt500, the pse xforce, mathews monster.
here is what i got from the bows i shot.

both elites: very smooth bow, but didnt feel good in MY hand
pse xforce: the valley was horrible and the creep was even worse. extemely fast
mathews monster: worst bow i have ever shot. creeped was just as bad as the xforce.
mathews reezen: fast, good valley, no creep, quiet. the only thing i dont like about the reezen is that the string stops rip easy if you shoot a lot and cost $10 to replace.
REMEMBER this is just what i came up with with my shooting style, etc. a lot of things will come into play when someone shoots a bow. the best thing to do is go and shoot a number of bows and get the one that shoots and "just has that feeling for you"
also take into the consideration of tuning and such difference you will have between the solo, twin, and cam 1/2 bows.
happy shopping

1 - 6 of 6 Posts