The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for ideas on any new turkey books published in the last year or two which you think are good reads. I've read all of the pre-2005 Kelly books, and read Bad Birds by Jim Spencer last year - any new ones you would recommend?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Any book by Ray Eye. I have read his books and they give great information. In my opinion Ray Eye is the best turkey hunter on the planet! He can kill those unkillable turkeys and he can teach you how too as well. Check out his website and you can order his new book. Happy reading and good luck this spring!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Eddie, where did you get that book?? I've been wanting that one for a while. Thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
I just ordered Tom Kelly's Tenth Legion. Heard about this book a lot and figured I'd better get a copy before it goes out of print. Also ordered Ronnie "Cuz" Strickland's third book, "And Nothing but the Truth." I've read the first two books and they are great, lots of laughs and really good stories.

Of course "The Old Pro Turkey Hunter" by Gene Nunnery is still a classic!

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
JaredV said:
I just ordered Tom Kelly's Tenth Legion. Heard about this book a lot and figured I'd better get a copy before it goes out of print. Also ordered Ronnie "Cuz" Strickland's third book, "And Nothing but the Truth." I've read the first two books and they are great, lots of laughs and really good stories.

Of course "The Old Pro Turkey Hunter" by Gene Nunnery is still a classic!
You'll enjoy the Tenth Legion. I'll have to check out the Cuz Stricklands books. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts