The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 6 pack of Gold tips today. I didn't realize that the inserts and the nocks aren't installed on them. All the other bolts I have bought were assembled. I don't think any of my other nocks are glued in, just pushed in?? I would think the inserts are always glued. And would superglue work for the inserts?

·
Registered
19,735 Posts
Yep, GTs come unassembled. Use a glue designed for carbon arrows on the inserts.

Arrowhead had put together thousands of GTs I am sure. He will probably chime in on what he feels works best.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have used Gorilla brand superglue (Black cap) for both aluminum and brass inserts on Carbon arrows of different types over the past year with very good results. Hundreds of shots and no failures yet. The thing I like about it is that it kinda foams up as it cures and fills in any minute imperfections that may exist, so coverage is very uniform. Great stuff so far! I think it is 3 or 4 bucks at any hardware store.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
bowhunterjac said:
I bought a 6 pack of Gold tips today. I didn't realize that the inserts and the nocks aren't installed on them. All the other bolts I have bought were assembled. I don't think any of my other nocks are glued in, just pushed in?? I would think the inserts are always glued. And would superglue work for the inserts? [/quote

One thing nice about that , you can tune your broad heads with your fletching

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
For the inserts I like the Goat Tuff GT Impact. We haven't had a problem with it yet. We used the gel type super glues with good success too. Push the insert in fast, before the glue locks it up.

I like bobby2bears idea too. Foaming super glue? Sounds like a great idea!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW... that glue on the carbon shafts sets up quick..!! But it seems to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts