The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a substantial pay raise this year at my job, ive decided to pull the trigger on a new jet boat. I was going to wait until next year before making that move but figured the time was right. Ive found what i want already and its priced at several thousand dollars below retail because it was a left over model. The boat is being held for me but its not a done deal until i sign the papers next week. Because of that i'm not letting the cat out of the bag just yet on the where and what i am getting. All i will say is that im getting what i want out of my trade, its coming as a complete package, and it should be a done deal by sometime next week. I'll post some pics and let you guys know what i ended up with. Anyone else out there getting the fever? I know i am. This winter has been terrible. How about we post up some pic's of the rig's you guys are running? Here is what i am trading in. Ive owned this boat 5 years now. 16' Lowe 1600V with 70hp johnson VRO. Its a great boat but it doesnt run shallow enough for the places i like to fish with it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Those things are sweet! I've only ever seen one being trailed but I'm a fan of em for sure.. What size motor does it have? Sportjet?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm itching to get out. I've got the boat down at the boat shop getting some winter maintenance done as well as keeping it in storage until the weather breaks.

This is what I'm running.
Lund 1600 Pro Sport w/90HP Honda
Bow Mount trolling motor w/remote
Downriggers installed on back
Lots of other extras, radio, two fish finders etc.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
24 foot weeres. 70 hp tohatsu. lots of room and great for fishing on the Mon river.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys here we go. I picked her up today from lakeside marine in harrisburg. The salesman JC is a real easy guy to do business with and i highly recommend him. Ive been looking at these boats for like 3 years now and wondering how much they cost. I own an island in the susquehanna and some river front property so i just wanted a standard jet boat, with no carpet. Something i can get in and out of along the river bank and just take it home and rinse it out and be done with it. After getting a raise at work i called JC to price a 2014 G3 1656 CCJ 60/40. Theyre the same boats the fish and boat commission use around my parts. He told me they started at over 17,000 but that he had a couple left over models from 2013 and a 2012 that was just delivered to him straight from the factory and he was selling them at discount. The 2013's were the delux models and the 2012 was not. I ended up buying the left over brand new 2012 G3 1656 CCJ with 60/40 yamaha jet, 70 lb thrust minnkota maxxum, garmin echo 200 fish finder, 3 seats, batteries, fire extinguisher, spare tire, ect, for $14,500. Im very happy with this purchase. I had been looking at these boats for 3 years now online and was pleasantly surprised that it was much bigger, sturdier, and nicer than i expected in person. Pictures of this boat just dont do it any justice. G3 and yamaha clearly make high quality products. On top of that he threw in a bunch of spare parts, lubrication, a detailed desciption of the boat and how to maintain it, and a couple camo G3 hats for me and my buddy that drove down with me. I cant wait to get it out this spring. This ice and cold weather cant go away fast enough.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I could just hug that thing. It is so pretty. Really good luck, good fishing or what ever else you choose to do with that dream machine.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I added some 3m anti-slip tape in a few key locations to not only protect myself, but passengers as well. The front deck already has anti-slip mixed in with the paint. Im looking for additional rod holders, preferably something that attaches to the side of the console, 2-3 rods max because there is only about 14 inches of space to mount something there. Any suggestions? I cannot use the front of the console because of the way the storage compartments open and id rather not use the sides of the boat because id like quick access to the rods from the front deck.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Boy this post hits home with wanting winter to end. Congrats to Buck Whisperer on the new ride, that thing is sweet. You should be happy with the Yamer as they make a very good product. Have had my 50hp for 6 years and never had any problems. We also made a purchase back in November and had it shipped up here from Deal Maryland. Have spent a total of one hour on her durring the sea trial and its been shrink wraped ever since. My wife and I can't wait to get this on the water. 2004 Crusiers Inc. 280 CXi.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
More like gpm, gallons per mile lol

·
Registered
975 Posts
Buck Whisperer said:
Now thats a big boat. Whats the mpg on that thing?
Since we have not had the chance to run it yet I have no idea. Its got twin Volvo 4.3s and from what I read the mileage is not that bad for a boat thats 31'. There is a boat test for it on Youtube and they say 1.5 mpg @ 2900 rpm. We shall see come summer.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Nice boats!

I am picking up my new Skeeter MX 1825 this coming Wednesday. Just retired and bought my first new boat.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts