The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While visiting the Sport Show in Harrisburg on Monday I observed a new species which I hope becomes established in the wilds of PA!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Hahaha.... Seen that. My 10 yo daughter called it right. "Hey dad is that what you were talkinh about when you guys were talking about 'cow elk!!'

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I saw that one yesterday. Thought this was going to be a pic of that full body mount giraffe from the main hall.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
big28hunter said:
Me too! Did you get a giraffe over there yet. I thought that mount was impressive!
The third time we went I was going to shoot one. We saw a monster, but my wife was with me filming and when we got up close to shoot, she really started pitching a fit about shooting it and that ended that. So it goes I guess. She is adamant about not shooting giraffe, zebra and lion for some reason.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I heard that the PGC introduced that species to PA to keep the grass population down...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I regret to inform you that this species is extict. They are the reason the game commission started to stock Mountain Lions in PA.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
It wouldn't be the first time a cow with horns got shot for a deer.
Had an acquaintance, who was a state trooper in another state, got flagged down by a pickup truck. The proud owner couldn't wait to show the nice horns of his harvested animal.
Wasn't a deer; was a bull cow with a nice set of horns. And one highly dumbfounded state trooper.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I heard their only natural enemy is the mountain lion. So I guess the GC will have to stock mountain lions to keep them in check.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
kudu58 said:
big28hunter said:
Me too! Did you get a giraffe over there yet. I thought that mount was impressive!
The third time we went I was going to shoot one. We saw a monster, but my wife was with me filming and when we got up close to shoot, she really started pitching a fit about shooting it and that ended that. So it goes I guess. She is adamant about not shooting giraffe, zebra and lion for some reason.
LMAO that's funny!
Mine too! But I am going after zebra next May, she isn't going with me and if she don't want to see it she can stay out of the mancave!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I had two of my nephews with me. I think they thought it was actually a species until I told them it was a joke. What are they teaching these kids in school!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I saw a lot of them last year but coun't get close to them.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I understand that people who drink beer with lime juice in it, see things like that all the time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts