The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Awesome buck

Awesome buck, anybody put a tag on it yet?

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
WOW!.....looks like about 24" main beams

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Is that Lugnut?

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that Lugnut?
Yes. My son got a shot at him Saturday. About 75 yards, quartering away. Free hand. No dice. We spent hours following every possible track in the snow for as long as we could. No blood, no hair, no nothing. A 75 yard free hand shot is pretty difficult. I can see how he could miss. He was very upset.

·
Registered
700 Posts
That sucks WOL. Would have been a great ending to see such a great animal taken by your son. I'm sure that will sting for awhile.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Yes. My son got a shot at him Saturday. About 75 yards, quartering away. Free hand. No dice. We spent hours following every possible track in the snow for as long as we could. No blood, no hair, no nothing. A 75 yard free hand shot is pretty difficult. I can see how he could miss. He was very upset.
Dang it WOL! Lol. The pressure is enormous when you finally get that chance at one you’ve known thru the years. Best of luck to you guys in the future.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Did you at least see him this year while hunting? Is he still alive or did he get killed? Dandy spread on that buck.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got pictures after the first 3 days of rifle and my son got a shot on the last Saturday of the season. Got one camera still out. Last year, he shed by now.

I’ve only seen him once while hunting. He’s very nocturnal. Between private land and SGL, he lives on over 100,000 acres of unbroken big woods. I suspect he beds a mile away in the laurels along the cliff. Even that area is huge, though. Most of the land that isn’t laurel or blueberry thickets is overgrown clear cut with a few swamps grown in. One huge hiding spot.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I had eyes on several here this week that have not shed, two very nice buck that I had hoped would make it too, Glad you still have tabs on him, sort of, never know what next year will bring.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It would be a great post if you did a look back on Lugnut, showing his year to year changes. Your picture history goes back to 2014, right?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts