The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
spinning or baitcasting? Also what power rod. Plans for this rod would also help to know. Will it be for finesse type presentations, Or say more toward larger hardbaits.

will you be using braid, fluro, or mono?

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Had to chuckle.....this really shows the difference in how involved people get.

Troutime asks all the right questions and I am sure will give you a great answer.

My answer would have been...... 6 HA HA, (please listen to him and not me).

·
Registered
388 Posts
With that rod setup I assume you will be throwing heavier baits in the 3/8oz and up class. Line is so technique specific but would say use something in the 10-15lb area. This will cover most of your fishing needs and be plenty for most lures used.

I really like suffix seige and suffix elite for all of my mono needs, It works well and doesnt break the bank. If you planned on using this setup for throwing frogs or large swimbaits I would have suggested atleast 50lb braid. But i am assumming this is more of your all around fishing setup.

Anymore questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
I have 3 rods with pretty much the same set up as you and have 50# braid on them all. I fish a lot of buss baits and spinner baits of 3/8 oz. I also use the same set ups down at the obx surf fishing and they work well for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts