The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Lynn,
Any idea on why the release in Somerset County is off to a slow start?

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fldbred,

I don't think that is the case. I think the reporter got that impression from the transmitter info. Many of the transmitters fell off the birds in Somerset this year. Not sure why. We had a similar problem our first year. I know that the original survival of the Somerset release birds was very good. Much better than our birds. Since they lost so many transmitters they couldn't follow them longer. I know they have reports of broods this summer and I think they will do fine as future reports of flushing surveys and spring crowing counts come out. These birds were just released in February. It is way too early to make any statement as to their success or failure. I think the reporter did a good job overall but he jumped to a wrong conclusion on Somerset.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Lynn,
Do you have any idea where the other two WPRA might be?I know you can't be specific,but in general!

Dan

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's still up in the air. There are two areas being reviewed but nothing has been decided and can't remember where those two are. I know one is in the southeast/southcentral area.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bradford County is a consideration. I think it will get birds at some point as long as the CREP stays.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
APPLEMAM...DON'T MAKE HAVE TO START BEATING THIS STUFF OUT OF YOU!!!LOL

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We need to plant all those drill pads with warm season grass

·
Registered
24,941 Posts
When the wells shut down they have to bring the land back with plantings. Put your wish list in!!

A beagle club in NY has some very fine plantings along pipelines!!

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FLDBRED said:
APPLEMAM...DON'T MAKE HAVE TO START BEATING THIS STUFF OUT OF YOU!!!LOL
I know there have been some other plans submitted, I honestly can't remember where they were. How quickly they get birds depends mostly on availability of wild birds. It sounds like we need to set out some traps in JERSEY.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts