The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering changing my arrow rest for next year. I want something easy to tune and will not move. I am a little gun shy about drop aways. I am afraid of relying on something that may not drop or drops at the wrong time. But if anyone has used one for 3 or 4 years and does not have a complaint about it and has found it to be trouble free, I would like to know the name. I may be persuaded.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I used my dads bow this year and hes got a whisker biscuit on it. Its very quiet, and smooth. Ive seen people bash them on here before, but I dont understand why. I shot fine with it and it didnt seem to slow the arrow down much at all. The bow was incredibly accurate. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Old reliable NAP 1000. I've changed bows, strings, and sights, but still use a prong rest. Easy to tune, simple and never fails....and I'm very picky about having my bow well tuned.

·
Registered
162 Posts
q.a.d ultra rest full containment of the arrow and very easy to tune and use. the wb is good but be ready to change vanes every once and awhile

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
most drop aways have a string attached, so i dont know where your concern of it dropping prematurely is. if you dont release and/or your sting doesnt snap, then the rest will not drop. the Whisker Biscuit is good for those who are not concerned with arrow speed. JMO, the Whisker Biscuit is a "beginners" rest. IMHO the QAD UltraRest Pro is hard to beat. Used mine for 3 years. there are also many other great drop aways. it really depends on what you are you are looking for in a rest.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i used the wisker biscuit for 4 or 5 years and like it a lot as far as being a beginers rest that is a lot of baloney i've been a bow hunter for 20 some years and have tried drop aways and most other rests. it all in what you like with the new bows what little speed you lose it dose not matter

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I remember earlier in the summer someone on here saying the really loved the Spott Hogg rest. If it's built like the sight I have from them then it too is built like a tank.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Drop away rest look no further than the limb driver . Very easy setup .Cord is attached to your bow limb guaranteed to drop at the right time .

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have a Ripcord, I love it but i bought a used mathews that had everything already on it and when I got it there was something wrong with the ripcord and it didn't drop. luckily they are lifetime guaranteed so i got a new one and haven't had a problem since. The best thing with the ripcord that I like is the rest can lock in the up position so you don't have to worry about the arrow falling off if you are still hunting or stalking.

Con: It was a little noisey but some extra mole skin fixed that.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I just went with the QAD HD and LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
The whisker buiscuit is good for hunting,but does not standup well to 1000's of shots. If you only shoot afew hundred shots it a goodhunting rest. If you want a good rest for target shooting try a NAP Freedom. Its a drop down but doesn't use a cord, works on arrow friction. I've got two on my target bows. Easy to tune and reliable.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Check out the Hostage Pro by Octane. It's an idea similar to the whisker biscuit but with only 3 groups of "whiskers" that touch the arrow. Your arrow stays in place even if the bow is upside down, but it won't touch your vanes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts