The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that archery season is over I need to be thinking about changing my arrow rest as my wisker biscuit is getting worn. I like the wisker biscuit for it's arrow holing capabilities but not for accuracy and it's tendancy to fishtail arrows. I want to stay with a rest that holds the arrow but doesn't affect the afore mentioned problems. Does anyone make a dropaway that holds the arrow so you don't have to worry about nocking the arrow off the holder? Any sugestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a trophy ridge drop rest and it pretty much contains the arrow at all angles except strsaight upside down. Most drop-rests nowadays are made that way I believe. i would never go back to a whisker after using a drop-rest either.

·
Banned
1,419 Posts
Lancaster Archery has a number of dropaway rests in their closeout area in the back of the store at Lancaster. Picked up one that retialed for $85 for $15. Worth the trip to check them out.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
When you ditch that biscuit, I bet you wont go back. Trophy taker shakey hunter for me. No containment but I have had no issues.
Best of luck...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority here because I personally switched from a QAD LD Pro drop away back to a whisker biscuit. No differance in accuaracy for me and the 1 to 2 fps loss is worth the piece of mind of knowing nothing can go wrong with my rest while I'm looking through my pins at a big buck. I shot a WB for years and put the QAD on my new bow this spring. Just didn't have the confidence in it as I had with the WB. It's now a $129 ornament on my work bench.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Qad ultra. You wont be sorry. If you get it though make sure you get someone to properly install it. About everything you hear bad about them is from installation error.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Octane Hostage its a capture rest so u can shake the bow all of over upside down and that arrow wont move...plus it gives plenty of clearance for your arrow vanes (i use 2in blazers) and the accruacy is incredible

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.