The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at buying new archery clothing (Jacket and Pants) and need some help.

I have been looking at buying the Scent Lok Savanna Bomber Jacket in the Mossy Oak Treestand pattern.

Does anybody out there use this pattern and how do you like it.

Also and recommendations will be greatly appreciated in terms of clothing and patterns.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I myself have been looking at the new Mossy Oak Breaup Infinity pattern,treestand pattern is nice also. You may get blasted here for using Scentlok, but so be it. I use scentlok myself,any odors it does absorb is a bonus in my book.Good luck and have a good season!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I have that jacket. Its nice for those hot days let me tell you. i was actually thinking about picking up a pair of the pants as well. Mossy oak break up works good for the early season. I switch to realtree all purpose when everything starts turning brown though. I have no experience with the treestand pattern. I just dont like the looks of it to be honest with you.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Never used scent lok crap or the mossyoak treestand pattern. To me it dont look right seems to light colered for me. I love mossyoak breakup the new infinity looks good to i will be getting some soon. I to usally switch to realtree later in the season i use hardwoods grey.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I really like the mossy oak breakup, use it throughout Oct. & Nov. More important than pattern to me is the quietness of the fabric, I never buy archery clothing without checking it out at the store.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I have a Savanna long sleeved shirt, not a bomber, and it works well. I use it when I need an extra layer. Tell you the truth, I just use a black long sleeve shirt, and add layers as I get cold. As long as it is dark colored in late fall, the deer will never see you.

P.S. A lot of times I wear my blue jeans out in the woods too.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
i have the scent lok savanna suit now, but I'm looking into the new APEX generation 2 (APEX g2) stuff. Its getting great reviews but I'm having a hard time finding some in stores to try on. I hate going through the online stuff only to have to ship it back because it doesn't fit right.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Last winter I bought the Full Season jacket and pants at Cabelas. It was on sale fairly cheap and it is pretty quiet. I like the cut in the jacket on the sleeves and shoulders for drawing back and moving around with a bow

·
Registered
351 Posts
i like the real tree hard woods hd. its very versitile for most of the season. its a little brown and gray for early season but there is usually a lot of under growth still alive that i can use to help break up my outline. i like the mossy oak pattern but i feel its a little to dark. the new tree stand patterns look nice but i feel they have a little to much white on them.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I usually buy the cheapest carbon clothing that I can. I have a pair of ASAT leafy pants that I wear over the top. I can pull them up pretty high on my waist, so I don't even wear the top. I can't remember the last time I got busted from being sighted.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
My dad shot the buck of his life in the early 90's while wearing a blue flannel and wranglers from the ground. I had a deer walk 15 feet from me 15 yrs ago while I was on the ground wearing full blaze orange coveralls(too cold for my reg gear)
Anything that breaks up your pattern is gonna work. Scent removal is the key for the 3 or 4 yr olds. Another key thing to consider is water proof. You spend 200 on clothes get in your stand it rains and you're soaked and miserable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts