The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I got the fan preserved and added it to the office. I just clipped an office clip to the bottom. Remember that Lilly had chomped the bird, as it tried to take off when she went to get it. It lost about 1/4 of its fan from the center feathers over.

I had placed these feathers back into the tail as best as possible and salted it for a while. I had it out in the garage, but it was not setting right. I put it on a clip board and set the clip board on top of the radiator. It worked great and dried it quickly. I will be making a cardboard cut out for next time, to put the fan on as it will keep it from becoming wavy, but I think I did a pretty decent job on putting it back together.

I could not get the fan to spread out to the full 15 1/8" though because of the feather misplacement, but assure you that was the final measurement on the fan. I am still very happy I got my first grouse and it was a whopper. I think it completes the look of my office

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the potter county license plate is a good touch too

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
That fan looks huge! Maybe you have a grouse/turkey hybrid

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No hybrid, he was just a big enough, fat enough, and slow enough that I could actually hit the darn thing. I think his fat weight slowed him down, and that was the only reason I got this one!! If you don't believe me just ask the ones I missed this year LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts