The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surrounded by turkeys again this morning.Enjoyed the talking in the trees,watching them fly down and them on the ground.15 birds nice flock.At 7:55 a doe appears from nowhere right in front of my blind.Too bad that where I need to place my arrow is behind a big tree.I'm pumped a 10 yard shot,seems too easy just need the deer to take 1 step.All of a sudden a hen turkey charges the deer yelping her head off.Of course the deer bolts and stops out of range.I'm wondering if the turkey warned the deer.Lol.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hahaha, stinks you didn't get the deer! Sounds like a great morning in the blind none-the-less!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hiamovi said:
Too bad that where I need to place my arrow is behind a big tree.
Been a long day; lots of work. When I read this, my first thought was, "wha...? his crossbow is behind a tree?"

·
Super Moderator
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a great day.I'm thank full for it.I don't need to get a deer(would be nice)however it is moments like that cause me to hunt in the first place.I have gone in the woods in spring to see leaves and birds come out.To me we have been given a wonder full gift in nature.We only need to appreciate what we have.The hen chasing that deer off is a fine example.I hope you get the buck of a life time.It would mean as much to me as doing it myself.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
We all know how it will be on the first day of turkey season. You'll be sitting in your blind with a shotgun and have fifteen deer in bow range and no flipping birds in sight!

·
Super Moderator
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turkeys were there again.2 flocks this time.Saw 6 deer but none close enough.So I listened to turkey talk for 1 and 1/2 hours.Seemed like the 2 flocks were joining perhaps?Saw them fighting with their spurs,a couple in full strut and a couple hens laid down like it was time to breed.If you want to get em riled up make a buck grunt.Lol.One of the turkeys feathers touched my blind they were so close.What a great no deer day.Wouldn't trade it for the world.One of the ones in full strut has 9-10" beard.They are safe for now.I have surgery on 10-29.So I will be hoping for you guys to fill my hunting needs for a bit.Post some nice pics and stories.Good luck to all archers out there no matter what you use.

·
Super Moderator
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the surgery has come and gone.Told me today I can go back to work light duty just like before the surgery.So if I can work I figure I can hunt too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts