The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone here help me with networking my lowrance elite7 hdi unit with another lowrance unit of some kind?

What I would like to do is basically have a remote monitor of the sonar page of the elite7, don't care about any of the other pages.

I have my elite7 mounted permanently on the bow of the boat,but would like to be able to see what is going on while at the control console while underway, and also for another fisherman at the stern to also see what is on the elite 7 sonar page screen while we are trolling.

Has anyone here ever done something like this?

I already have a bottomline tournament 320 mounted on the console,but the transducer interferes with the elite7 so the bottonline unit will have to go.

If this can be accomplished what other lowrance unit would be compatible,looking to buy a used lesser expensive unit, head only.

I have read a lot of other forum discussion on the networking topic but none seem to address what I would like to do.

Have a e-mail in to lowrance customer service but so far no reply.

·
Super Moderator
4,534 Posts
I'm a bird guy, but I don't think you can network that unit.... Just share external gps data, and waypoint sharing via nmea2000, that came right from their site. If I'm wrong, I apologize... Good luck with their customer service, lol

Just put it on a ram mount and turn it back and forth to whoever wants to see it!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep ,I believe you are right HDI has no ethernet port, HDS GEN 2 does ,so no networking of sonar for my unit as far as I can tell.

I am going to try and change the setting on the transducer,and the ping speed and see if I can get rid of the interference from the bottomline unit.

·
Super Moderator
4,534 Posts
I don't know much about bottom line, but if both units are using the same frequency, ie. 83/200, 50/200, 455/800, then that is most likely causing the interference.... Try different frequencies with each unit and see if that helps.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the bottomline is fixed at 50/200, but the elite7 has the capability of changing the frequency setting.

The elite7 is new to me so I am just learning all the capabilities of the unit. Lowrance is not very helpful other than what you can read on their web site, maybe should have bought a bird?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts