The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I might be interested, Stack. How much notice do you need?
Can we tell you a few weeks beforehand?

And excuse my ignorance, (never been to an organized shoot) but what does the $27 cover? Do we need to bring our own ammo?

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Hi RutNut. $27 is the cost of the shoot (regular price for a member) of 100 birds. You supply your own ammo. If you guys want to bring food to make on the grill, we'll give you use of the cook shack and pavilion. You can let us know you'll be attending at any time, but the sooner we know that there are 20 or more shooters, the sooner we can have a blue stone trophy etched, and we need about 2 weeks notice for Rock Creations to have it ready.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Yeah Stack, after I thought about it later last night, I realized that ammo is almost that, not to mention the price of birds!

If I can get a few guys to go, I'll make sure we let you know by the end of April(at the latest)!

This sounds like a great time!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
So far we have 11 shooters committed to the event. Times getting short for having a trophy made. If you're planning on attending, let me know ASAP please.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Good idea Recon. I'm only posting numbers that have been given as a yes, not a maybe. Anyone else wants in, just copy/paste the list and add your name(s) to it. 9 on the list so far, it was 11 with "maybes".

Recon + 1 (son)
Corey 22
Mr. Smallgame
Browningfan + 2 (neighbors)
Mauser95 + 1 (brother)

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
OK guys, I went ahead and ordered a custom blue stone trophy for the HPA NEPA Shoot Champion. Rock Creations does a great job making these trophies for us. Someone will take home a beauti-mous piece of rock!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Nice work Mike. Please remind Dr. Evil that it's a FUN shoot!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
BrowningFan369 said:
Nice work Mike. Please remind Dr. Evil that it's a FUN shoot!
Fan, you think the HPA shoot will be fun, you should see what the good Dr. has in store for the 3-Bird this Saturday!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'll be doing some research in Maryland on the 8th,I'm sure Dr.Evil will be at his best with a TRIMO at his disposal! Hope you have a great turnout.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
OK HPAers, Saturday, May 15 (this week!!) at 1:00 it is on!! 100 bird tournament for $27. Bring your own shells, nothing larger than 2 3/4", #7 1/2 shot. Try to arrive in plenty of time before 1:00 to get registered and squadded. See you Saturday!!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts