The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I need help. I need a decent place to fish crappies from the shore line, no boat, in the back mountain or surrounding. I lost my favorite honey hole and me and my boy love to panfish. Anyone have a decent lead would be appriciated. Maybe someone has or knows of a farm pond that wouldn't mind us fishing every once in a while?!?!?
We would be respectful of the property and very grateful. Didn't know where else to turn.

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. Nothing more fun than getting into a mess of them. I hear Lake Carey is a prime place to fish them but there is no shoreline fishing out there, mostly private.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Harris Pond in Sweet Valley always had a decent amount of panfish in it. I also did decent at Frances Slocum with panfish. I fished Harris Pond almost everyday when I was in college.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We were at Harris pond recently but the lilly pads were working, you almost need a boat to get to the best parts.

What type of bait were you hitting them on, fatheads always worked for me.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
You can hammer them from the shore there too.........just find small holes in the lily, pads, and spot cast there.......mostly minnows and wax worms, sometimes nightcrawlers...........also, if you walk to the back part of the "pond" there are some good places to fish out there that usually stay pretty open, at least they did then.....the far shore, over by the PFBC building usually stays pretty clear too.....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice, gonna head there this weekend. Let you know how I make out.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I did not think you could use live bait at Harris?
when I was younger, I racked up many miles scouting farm ponds. There are a lot in Wyoming Co. (or there used to be). Just have to get out there and knock on doors.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It is like getting permission to hunt, you have to knock on doors. If you see a pond, ask at the farm house.
Works for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts