The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a first time buyer and I'm in the early stages of shopping for a new UTV. When buying one, can you negotiate the price like when you buy a car or is it expected to just pay the sticker price?

As a side note, I'm looking at the Bennche UTV. Seems like a good UTV for a decent price.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
My only suggestion would be buy a name brand. Yes you can negotiate price.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I would talk to at least 3 local dealers , then take your findings to the dealer that will be servicing your machine .My local dealer treats me like family on price and service ......

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
pilotjjc3 said:
As a side note, I'm looking at the Bennche UTV. Seems like a good UTV for a decent price.
I never heard of one and I would only buy one of the popular makes. Think about service and parts availabilty before you think about price.

In January you can get some good deals on left overs. Dealers want to move the older models to make room for the newer models.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I believe that Polaris requires their dealers to pretty much stick to the msrp on new units, but from the dealers I have talked to there is some wiggle room on attachments. Left over models apparently get discounted though.
Anyone have a different experience in this regard? I'm going to buy a new fully loaded 900 XP this spring - listing at around $23,000 (and selling my 2010 800 XP).

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I used to sell motorcycles part time. The only wiggle room they have is in what they make. They dont make money on the vehicle, they make it on the prep and service.

You can get them to sometimes knock the prep off which is about $500.

·
Registered
21,262 Posts
Yeah,I've never really been able to negotiate.Track and trail in State college usually sells for less than anyone else in this area.I still deal locally most of the time.I was gonna buy a Honda from a local guy one time.Track and trail was about $400 less for the same machine.I went and talked to the guy and tried to get him to just throw a gun rack in and he woudn't.I've bought three Machines from Clarion cycle over the past two years and they've treated me well.I paid what they were asking but I did get a couple of helmets.I just liked the way they treated me so I'm probably going to get another one here shortly and I won't shop around.Service means a lot more to me than price.

·
Registered
340 Posts
When i bought my 09 ranger hd I emailed 8 different dealers saying what I wanted and that I was buying it by the end of the month.I told them to give me your best out the door price.I received repouses from 6 of them . There was 672.00 dollars between the high and low price.The low dealer didnt charge for shipping or setup.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
MT_flyfisher said:
I believe that Polaris requires their dealers to pretty much stick to the msrp on new units, but from the dealers I have talked to there is some wiggle room on attachments. Left over models apparently get discounted though.
Before I bought mine I went to a few dealers. They discounted leftover models. I remember some of savings were in the area of $1500 to $2000.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts