The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is already in the works and I just don't know it.

It is great that everyone is sending emails and spreading the word about Reed's decision to ban modern rifles atthe ESOS. Banning the show is not enough. We need to have a large and peaceful presence there to spread the word to people going to the show what is going on. We also need to let people know that we support the 2nd Amendment and responsible gun ownership.
I really have no idea how to get this started, but we have plenty of time to get it done.
What do we need to do??? Who is willing to go???

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Likely, access to any of the Farm Show Complex would be denied.

Permits for any demonstration would need to be obtained from the City of Harrisburg.

This is February - some sort of shelter and general HQ would need to be established wherever the demonstration is taking place or in very close proximity.

Communications gear will also be needed. Multiple demonstration sites will require more radios... and back-ups.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Bluetick said:

Permits for any demonstration would need to be obtained from the City of Harrisburg.

This is February - some sort of shelter and general HQ would need to be established wherever the demonstration is taking place or in very close proximity.

Communications gear will also be needed. Multiple demonstration sites will require more radios... and back-ups.
NOT True!

There are many Avenues into the Farm Show Complex....Susquehanna Township has many of them that MANY Use to get into the Farm Show Complex and the Parking at HACC & on Elmerton Ave...Plus, Public Land right along Cameron Street to the north of the complex where interstate 81 dumps off onto Cameron Street and is Susquehanna Township!

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
be careful, I believe susquehanna also requires permits to stage any sort of organized event.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
4c_game_chaser said:
be careful, I believe susquehanna also requires permits to stage any sort of organized event.
I'm Sure they do, it would be MUCH Easier to get permits from them if need be, then getting permits from the Queen Mother Mayor of Harrisburg SIT TEE!

All you basically would need to do is find out how they list a protest, How many people and such, then just back off 1 below it and walk the line!
Simple, it has been done that way in the past!

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Ask Zim he is an expert on law. I would actually drive down for something like that. But main thing is everyone has to be nice one <span style="font-style: italic">person </span>could do a lot of harm. Would this be a demonstartion or public gathering holding up a few signs?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Bluetick said:

Isnt the farm show complex owned by the state, not the city?

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
gooseguy said:
Bluetick said:

Isnt the farm show complex owned by the state, not the city?
The Farm Show Complex is overseen by the Department of Ag, so Yes it is Owned by the State, BUT it sits in Harrisburg City Limits!

So, if you were to get a big group together to protest and stayed off the Farm Show Complex Property but still in Harrisburg City Limits, you would need a permit from Harrisburg City!
And how the Queen Mother Mayor Linda Tompson acts about her SIT TEE, you would have 1 heck of a time getting a permit to do a protest!
She is against Firearms and has Enacted an "Assault Weapons" Ban (Which will not stick)in Harrisburg SIT TEE and a protest against the ESOS for what it did, she would not take to kindly to it and most likely would make it that no permit would be approved!

So, to make things easier, if anyone would want to protest, the information should be gathered from Susquehanna township on what their laws/ordinance is on Protest Crowds and either submit for a permit to protest or walk the line of being under a certain amount of people or what ever is the degree in their law/ordinance and stand in Susquehanna Township along the road ways leading into the show where it is Public Property!

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
I would not do that,it would give bad vibes for HPA to every PD in PA and we would become labeled to all depts as agitators and troublemakers.....

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
RonM said:
I would not do that,it would give bad vibes for HPA to every PD in PA and we would become labeled to all depts as agitators and troublemakers.....
I don't think this is a logical thought at all - we also have a right to peaceful protests...as of yet anyhow. We could be the most peaceful protesters they have ever seen. I believe I know a few officers that would join us if they are not on duty.

This is bigger than HPA, and I'm sure other groups are discussing it. We just had a gun appreciation day, and I heard of no issues. Have you seen what the AR owners in NY are reduced to - after-the-fact protests.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I understand why everyone wants to protest but I dont even own an AR-15 or have any desire to own one so.....I guess I will go goose hunting instead.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
RonM said:
I kind of have to agree with you. I think a proper demonstration or what ever you want to call it to be legal would take a months worth of permits. The worst thing to happen to our cause would be to do something illegal the media would gobbble it up. I dont have the answer and agree to stand up but this can get very sticky.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Best to protest with your wallet, your feet, and your influence on others not to attend the show.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts