The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have on loan a rather expensive Pro color editing program and am considering buying it from a friend.
I have edited this photo tell me if you will which one #1 or #2 has the best color and 3-D kind of effect.
As always thank you for your opinions.

Griz

Photo#1

Photo#2

·
Registered
743 Posts
the second photo is clearer i would say it provides better color and a sharper image. i compared the snow on top of the does head along with the pine branches along the back end of the doe, ive seen the pictures you have taken and are very beautiful and professional. this editing system would only help your work.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
# 1, The shadows in the snow under the deer and trees are gone in #2, just seems a little bright. I have to say you do great work.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
You do really nice work Griz. It takes a lot of time to do this.

#1 has more natural coloring, could be bumped up a click with exposure or saturation.
#2 seems to be a bit too bright.

I like more natural photography with minimal edits. JMO
They are all nice though. I'm old school I guess.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
my comparison is the #2 photo is like watching national geographic on a high defination tv,as #1 is like watching a regular mundane cable channel--just givin my opinion.

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's one I just tweaked with that program of some gobblers I shot.

Griz

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
#2. it is very sharp and clear. turkeys look great too. if i may, dont edit the pic as a whole. i am not sure how familar you are with photo editing, but edit only what needs to be edited, that way you wont lose too much of a certain tone that is needed. you dont want to lose too much shadow. it will give you a more natural looking pic. either way you take some very good photos. keep it up.

BTW, what program are you using. if you dont mind me asking. just curious to see if it is what i use.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I kinda like #1 myself...#2 looks over saturated..and the Gobbler Photo, I think the reds are a little blown out..other then that, I like the turkey photo...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
308Havoc said:
#2. it is very sharp and clear. turkeys look great too. if i may, dont edit the pic as a whole. i am not sure how familar you are with photo editing, but edit only what needs to be edited, that way you wont lose too much of a certain tone that is needed. you dont want to lose too much shadow. it will give you a more natural looking pic. either way you take some very good photos. keep it up.
After 308 made this post I looked in closer detail and he is right. I definatly like the detail of the deer & hemlock branch in picture 2 but the snow on the branch becomes so bright it looks does not look natural. Of course you would only see it by comparing the two as you asked. The detail on the turkeys is great. Your pictures are always great regardless and very appreciated. Keep them coming.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts