The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there using vortex optics? They look real good on paper, but I'm hoping some of you have real field use evaluations of their scopes,bino's and rangefinder.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have Leupold, Nikon, unertyl scopes on varies rifles. the last 2 scopes I bought were Vortex, & could not be happier. I put a 6-24 Crossfire on my 40x to see how good they were. Shot 2 shots at 6x, 1 at 14x &2at 24x, for a 5 shot group under .3 of an inch. The turrets tracked perfect. I never thought it would stay on my 40x when I bought it, but the Best 99 dollar scope I ever bought. I have since bought a Diamondback 4-12 for my 30-338 ($198.00 ON SALEAT CABELAS) & I am pleased with this scope also.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have two Vipers and for the price point, they're pretty good.

Banged one of them around for a week on a PD hunt in WY this past June.....again, they don't have quite the clarity of more expensive glass but, at the price, they're a solid value.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got a pait of the diamondback 10x42 binoculars this year and like them a lot, very clear and easy to adjust. I've read that there warranty is very good also.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I bought 2 Viper HS 4x16 and will give them a test on upcoming Oryx hunt. So far on the range I am very satisfied with their quality and claity. I have been using Leupold and Nikon and they appear better. I was turned on to them by a very proficient 600 yard competition shooter who has been using nothing but the Vortex scopes. You get allot of features and quality for the price.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need to upgrade a couple of older scopes. I'm thinking a crossfire for a 243 that My daughter will use, and either a Diamondback or Viper for My 270. I also will need a rangefinder for a Wyoming whitetail hunt next year.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a 4-12x44 Crossfire II coming from Midway, i went and looked that this one and the Redfeild Revenge 4-12x42 and actually liked them both but went with the Vortex for the warranty.
It should be here Thursday so I can get it mounted on my Rem 700 CDL 35 Whelen.
Ill report back after the weekend with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts