The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a taxidermist around Belle Vernon area. Willing to drive for nice reliable work. Giving up on current taxidermist. Thanks !

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Thomas Taxidermy Piitsburgh Excellent work in an acceptable time

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
Bob McCall Taxidermy in Economy,PA...near Sewickely,PA

does excellent work with probably 40+ years of experience and his wife is just about as good.....you will not be dissappointed.

724-266-0330

PM for photos

·
Registered
530 Posts
what you need done? ive gone to 4 different taxidermist in the area for different animals, everyone has something they are amazing at, give me a pm with what your getting mounted and i can help you out

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Lombardi in Tarentum does descent work and is reasonable. His number is not listed, but if you want it PM me. I guess he has enough of a client list he doesn't want/need to advertise.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
There have been 2 other guys on here from the B.V. area who were looking for a taxidermist. I recommended Dave Dillon of AcmeTaxidermy.com to both of them and they are both well pleased with the results. His prices are competitive (under priced IMO), his work is first class, and his turn around time is as good as you will find.

He has several topics in this forum where he shows his work off and his screen name is DAVE DILLON. I believe this link will do the talking for Dave http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1235037&fpart=1

I am assuming you are looking for a taxidermist for the same reasons I was several years ago. Dave represents what you would expect from a professional taxidermist and someone who appreciates his customers.

His number is 724-640-5538

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I've had some great work done by Bear's Den Taxidermy in Fox Chapel.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I don't know how far you are willing to drive but Second Nature Taxadermy is about two hours away if you want top quailty work. Joe is the best I've seen yet. He does most of the work for Majestic World Lodge in Portage, PA.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Acme Taxidermy.
Dave Dillon's work is top notch, great guy to deal with, and turn around time is great. I don't mind the hour drive at all, nice to get outta the city anyways.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Wild @ Heart Taxidermy
located outside Tarentum area
412-952-2785
beautiful work
excellent staffing

·
Registered
81 Posts
justin lint.

he is my neighbor does very good work did a doe for me 2 years ago very nice his shop is over in west newton, i do have his house number if you are interested
he lives in belle vernon.

thanks mark

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone ever deal with Allen's in Uniontown ?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I will also recommend Dave Dillon. I have seen several of his mounts over the last few years and they are all top notch.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Yep, I had a couple of mounts done from Allen's Taxidermy in Uniontown. This was 6-7 years ago. 1 Grouse, 1 Deer. Both turned out just excellent.

There is also Tim's Taxidermy across the river from you. On top of the river hill above Elco, on Rt. 88. Not sure of his work though.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I also had a buck and a gobbler done about 5 years ago by Allens taxidermy they both turned out very good I really liked the work that he did. I recommended Allen's and it isnt that far from you.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Looks like you have pleanty of suggestions. I like Joel Zimmerman of Northwood School of Taxidermy in Friedens. It is 10 minutes from Somerset exit on TPK.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts