The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some advice guys. Never owned a 410 O/U but do shoot 12, 20 and 28 bore o/u.
If you were limited to the choice of these guns in the 410 bore O/U
which would you buy?

Fausti E Rizzini Elegant Grade 3" 410, 26" bbls choked mod/full

SKB model 505 deluxe skeet 3" chambers 28" barrels 410 choked skeet and skeet

SKB model 600 over and under in 410 with 3 inch chambers. The barrels are 28 inch. The chokes are both Improved Cylinder.

I want to use this gun for dove, quail and sporting clays

Thanks for any input it will be appreciated very much.

Griz

·
Registered
376 Posts
Check out Mossburgs silver reserves I have a 28 and 410 and they are great shooters, They 410 has 3" chambers, I shoot sporting clays and skeet with them and never had a problem with them...bob

·
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have the SR in a S/S 28 and really like it I shot a round at 7-Springs last week and it was kinda nice not getting beat up by my 12 bore Beretta O/U.
Just for something different right now I'm kind of leaning toward that SKB Mod 600.
I talked to a couple of guys who have that exact one I mentioned here and they seem to like it a lot.
Appreciate the input though, kind of tough when your trying something new.

Griz

·
Banned
1,072 Posts
Griz said:
Fausti E Rizzini Elegant Grade 3" 410, 26" bbls choked mod/full

SKB model 505 deluxe skeet 3" chambers 28" barrels 410 choked skeet and skeet

SKB model 600 over and under in 410 with 3 inch chambers. The barrels are 28 inch. The chokes are both Improved Cylinder.

I want to use this gun for dove, quail and sporting clays
Just for something different right now I'm kind of leaning toward that SKB Mod 600.
You're on the right track with the SKB 600.

For your intended purposes, the Faustini Rizzini is choked too tight, and the SKB 505 is too open.

I happen to love SKB's. Lots of shotgun for the money. And they just fit me wonderfully.

·
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. The SKB 600 is on the way as of today.

I have always wanted a 410 o/u and I want to thank a few of the folks here at HPA ( you know who you are) for buying a few things I had for sale which helped make this purchase possible. Dang things are expensive!
Kind of like trading one treasure for another though. I will be 66 on the 24th and the 410 is my BD gift to myself.
When I lost Murphy my golden this year I was about ready to throw in the towel and quit bird hunting but a good friend reminded me that you only have so much time so make the best of it.
I'm even going to look at some golden pups, three males who were born on the fourth of July later this month. The breeder was kind enough to offer me pick of the males, what will come of that is anyones guess. Murphy could never be replaced nor would I want to but sometimes new things are good and if one of those little guys has that "special spark" in his eyes well who knows?
Sorry to go on but we are family here and who better to share ones feelings with? Oh and I'll keep you posted on the pup too.

Griz

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Since you already have a 20 gauge O/U, send it to Briley and have them change the triggers to mechanical and then have them fit a set of tubes, then buy the extended chokes for the tubes. A lot of .410 O/U's are very "whippy", whereas the 20-gauge gun with 8 ounces of tubes just shoots so nice! Also, as far as I'm concerned, you can't get too tight a choke with a .410. Plus it will save you some money you can put towards a pup!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would go SKB. I can't believe I'm saying this though, but I got to shoot a Stoeger STF3000 410 OU at Nemacolin 2 weeks ago and it was AWESOME! I think it is a Dick's Sporting Goods only gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts