The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a neck surgery that left my arms weak. I own a awesome Excalibur Bulldog that I have a cocker for. Problem with it is weight and its a little unwieldy with wide limbs. I would really like to sell and go small and light. I need sugestions for the new xbow. Thats if I can sell Bulldog!!! Thanks for all help and opinions....

·
Registered
18,567 Posts
If money is not an object, look at the Ravin R26. Another brand that is often overlooked, but builds a light and compact crossbow that is bulletproof is CamX. I have two of their crossbows. The new A4 is a sweet little bow. It is hard to get your hands on one to see how it fits you though, as their dealer network is small.

·
Registered
8,651 Posts
...Problem with it is weight and its a little unwieldy with wide limbs.

If you're talking physical (mass) weight, you'll be hard pressed to find any crossbows lighter than the Excal's. At 6.2 lbs the Bulldog is a very light weight bow.

·
Registered
373 Posts
rabbit59, if you have dec3nt health insurance, get your dr to write a prescription for Physical Therapy and you will be better than you could imagine. Get a GOOD PTer.

Just like bow hunters, all physical therapists are not created equal.

You will not have to worry should I get this kind or that kind, because you will be better than new.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have NO health insurance for a while. The government in their infininte wisdom makes you wait 2 years to get medicaire, and we can't afford health insurance. The therapy really doesnt help me as a disconnect of nerves in neck....kinda like trying to get a parapalegic to strengthen legs....no nerve signal....no muscle gain.

Loridr........the excal is somewhat light, but very unwieldy...wide makes it hard for me to carry. I need a shooting stick to shoot it and it's hard to manuever it. If that makes sense.Plus the crank cocker works descent, but is still hard for me to crank.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have a Mission Sniper Lite and it's lite and very easy to cock. I also have the RSD for it if I ever hunt from a tree stand climber.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts