The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently horse traded someone for a inline muzzleloader and I own a flintlock too however I'm not sure what type of projectiles to use with the inline, can anyone suggest a pictular brand or give me some suggestions...
The inline is a TC - 50 cal.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
There are so many good projectiles available today, that it is much a matter of personal preference of the shooters. But, suggesting the sabot load with the 300gr. Barnes hollow point all-copper slug..It has worked well for me in back of Pyrodex select.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have a Winchester and use 245 Gr HP Powerbelts and Pyrodex Pellets.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice.
Does anyone know if Cabin Creek in Hallam is still in business ?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
yup they are still open. I might me going there before too long to talk to brad about a new flinter

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
295gr powerbelt, 70gr Pyrodex P, Winchester 777 primers.

Its not a guarantee that your TC will shoot conicals, so if it doesnt. Move on to sabots.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a T/C Omega X7 that eats (2) 777 pellets with 245gr T/C Shockwaves. I run a spit patch between shots and it groups an inch and half or so at 100yds. The gun is topped with a 3-9 Leupold. I shot woodchucks all summer consistently up to 180 yards. There is no better way to learn a gun that to take it woodchuck hunting. I can't wait to take the T/C Firestorm next summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts