The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I will be able to go west this year for bowhunting elk, unfortunately by the time I got everything cleared to go it is too late to apply for any tags!! I am looking for recommendations on outfitters who either may have landowner tags for private ranch or to guide me in colorado with otc tag. This will be my first trip out west and dont want a bad outfitter to ruin it. I really want to do it on my own, but figure the first time I should learn all I can from a guide so next time I may do it myself. Any recs?

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'd try talking to Larry H. At Premier Hunting Adventures. He hooked me up with a couple of hunts so far and they were exactly as he explained on the phone. Plus he is a sponsor of HPA

·
Registered
594 Posts
Rooster:

I can hook you up on a private land hunt in NW Colorado. It is an OTC area and he still has some archery openings. I can offer a sweet deal on a first week hunt. The first week is always good - last year they had 6 hunters in camp for the first week and killed 4 bulls and a cow. 2nd and 3rd week are also an option. The first week hunt consists mainly of sitting on water holes and wallows and the following weeks have them doing more calling and spot and stalking.

Please call or email me: 719-429-7062 or [email protected]

BigBuckDown - thanks for the endorsement - much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Hate to peel back a bad onion... but curious to your thoughts on guaranteed elk tags/hunts.. for example Broadmouth Canyon Ranches in Utah and Idaho.. for a person on a bucket list Elk hunt. Not such a bad idea.. a lot oppose this.. is it any different hunting stocked pheasants? hogs hunt on the shusky islands..

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Check out Bob Atwood of Blue Mountain Outfitters in New Mexico - I think he might have 2 archery tags left. These would be landowner tags on private ranches as far as I know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts