The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw that i have some cracked fibers on my bottom limb. About 1/8 in width, 1/6th in depth. I've been shooting every other day for 3 months and i saw this morning after i got done shooting, don;t know when it happened.

Anyway, i need opinions about this. I've clipped and epoxyied fibers like this before and it was not big deal, but this is not just one or two fibers, it has some dimensions to it. There is no other delamination going on around this. So do i clip and glue or should i be going to the bow shop?

Two weeks till season and everything is tuned and shooting good. I got my old bow if needed but i would have to put some time in on it.

Thanks, i just need to hear from others on this.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Doesn't look good in the photo, I think if it was me I would replace limbs. I would not want a cracked limb going into a new season.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so far for the input guys. Here is one last pic to just confirm your opinions.

I know they'll have to order a new limb and who knows how long that will take, could take all season.

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Safety first. If some does happen to the bow....It will happen at the must inopportune time.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all, I'm headed up to Bakers first thing tomorrow morning to have them look at it. No matter their opinion I'm still having them order new limbs, they are under warranty.

I looked at it more last night, its not really a 1/16th, its the top layer of fibers and then the coating so a shy of 1/32. Its the same thing that happened with my old hoyt.

I put together the old bow last night and started shooting it this morning so that i have one for the opener. I got time to get tuned again. I thought it still had sights and a rest on it but i had stripped it down. So i'm starting new again. Uuuuuugh. This [censored].

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So took her up to Bakers this morning. She is still there and they are ordering me new limbs today. They said it takes 5 days shipping and I'll have my bow back in no more than 10 days. So i'll have my baby back before the opener as long as everything goes smoothly. Just in case it doesn;t, i got my old Hoyt and I'm getting it back in tune and shot in just in case.

I was joking with the guys(trying to cheer myself up) that since the bow is almost 6 years old they might not have limbs for it and that would mean Hoyt would have to give me a new bow, like maybe a new carbon matrix to honor their warranty. They just smiled and said will call in 10 days to come get your fixed bow.

Thanks for comments. I knew new limbs had to be put on, i just would have been more receptive to it if this would have occurred in July.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts