The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As one new to getting into trapping, and i know i'll probably get split opinions on this. But looking for best way to attach traps for fox and coyote, either stakes or cable anchors?

·
Super Moderator
1,747 Posts
When I started trapping back in the late 70's I used the rebar and angle iron stakes. I carried them all over the place when running my line. I hated carrying all that stuff but its all I had. I quit trapping when I got married as there was no time with all the family obligations. This year I started stringing a little steel. Boy, the advacements in equipment have changed. I wish I had cable stakes back then. I used them this year and love them. In fact I think I'm going to just buy the cable, anchors, and other parts and just make my own as it looks to be cheaper. As for holding a fox or coyote I see no problem.

·
Registered
186 Posts
go with cables they are easier,,lighter,,,,and less expensive. plus if you go with rebar your gonna need 24"s for yotes. if you have to carry your trapping stuff into any place the wieght alone s*cks trust me cables are your best friend as i can not drive in the farmers fields. i have to pack everything in.

·
Premium Member
24,169 Posts
PAlimbhanger said:
As for holding a fox or coyote I see no problem.
Cable stakes held both the coyotes and fox I caught with no problems.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Cable stakes and never looked back.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I will never drive a rebar stake ever again. POGO's are the way to go!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts