The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new treestand self climbing. Anyone with any advice . Not a cheap one but don't want to break the bank either.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have a summit and it is quite comfortable and easy to climb with. That being said, I had to send a summit back on e because it bent

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I vote for the summit viper SD. I love it. Make sure you get the stabilizer straps from Thirdhand. They literally change everything about climbers and make them much safer.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
JJ5C said:
I vote for the summit viper SD. I love it. Make sure you get the stabilizer straps from Thirdhand. They literally change everything about climbers and make them much safer.
Agree 100%, especially about the stabilizer straps from Thirdhand Archery.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Summit viper sd they have a new model its the mini or a summit open shot I use the open shot sd been using it 3 seasons know I love it. Weighs about 15lb and the viper weighs about 18lb we weighed them on a scale. I love the viper sd also my dad and brother have it sometimes I steal it. the open shot is slightly smaller than the viper and has a solid seat and no railing. I love my summits I've owned plent of climbers from a tree lounge to gorilla and others if I'd buy another I'd go summit because they are easy to backpack and super light.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Rem1187, I have a lone wolf alpha hand climber for sale. Its way back in the for sale forum but if interested just pm me

·
Registered
457 Posts
Stuffer said:
TreeLounge.. Safest stand I ever used.
I had one of the newer aluminum models and it was to heavy yes very safe but a pita to carry and set up all the time. Very comfortable easy to fall asleep in because of the hammock seat.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Having used a buddies Lone Wolf I just can't understand why everyone is so in love them. One of the most uncomfortable stands I've ever sat in (and that was for an evening hunt of all of 2-3 hours). They may be light-weight and their tree straps are great, but you can't sit all day in one comfortably.

My Summit is comfy and rock solid. If you want to stand all day and need the extra couple pounds of weight off the stand get a Lone Wolf. If you need to be in the stand all day and actually sit down get a Summit.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts