The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Parker crossbow last week and love it. I'm using a Black Hole target with my compound bow and it works great. But the crossbow bolts actually stick out the back of the target leaving me a bit worried.

Do you have any recommendations for a target bag/block that will work well with crossbow bolts and can take the occasional broadhead as well?

Thanks,

Tobias

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
For me the, Rineharts are tough to beat. For some less money, Big Shot targets are really gaining steam.

I have a Big Shot headed my way here shortly.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
For broadhead use I like the Rinehart 18-1 and the Big Shot gets my vote for a bag target. Both are great targets, but the Big Shot is my favorite for easy arrow removal. The Rinehart doesn't like to let go of arrows quite as easy as the Big Shot. We use the Rinehart for broadheads and Big Shot for field points.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
"crossbow bolts actually stick out the back of the target leaving me a bit worried."

The big deterrent, I found with my homemade archery targets of nearly 20 years, made them obsolete. It's all right for me to save money on a $10 target over a couple of decades, but that fear of destroying arrows is overwhelming for many, I guess.

I used this target where the arrow always stuck out the back. That's the small price for shooting inexpensive targets. I haven't ruined arrows, as I brace the target enough so the arrow isn't damaged, for use, from any hitting the ground at a lower velocity. But I also use walking exercise with my targets. Some folks just want to shoot multiple arrows, with as little walking exercise as possible.

I don't worry, but I understand why it can be overwhelming. And I'll have to go on suffering and using inexpensive targets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts