The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nikon Rangefinder just quit reading yardages. tried new battery, I guess it's dead. I may look into one with the angle compensation. What finders can anyone suggest either with or without the ARC.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Is your a Nikon 440? I have one that has gone through torture and still works great. Most used accessory I own.

Ive been looking at the Aculon and the prostaff 3i butleaning toward the Aculon cause not sure i want the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is the 440. It has been used a lot with no issues. I'm just not sure why it quit working but I guess I don't need to know.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
If you do any longer range stuff I love my Monarch 1200 thus far...

The only range finder I've tried that comes close to its advertised range...I've hit a wooden barn just shy of 1000 yards with no trouble. Haven't been able to stretch beyond that yet.

If you JUST bow hunting or don't shoot far I'd look elsewhere..the added cost and slightly bigger size isn't worth it...

Haven't tried a Leicia...but the other brands I've tried and end up with Nikon's..had a riflehunter 550 before this one..it worked nicely as well..

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I had the Bushnell bow hunter chuck Adams edition and loved the thing. It went through the washer and dryer once and still worked like a charm. When it went through the second time last year it didn't fair as well so I ended up getting the Bushnell scout dx 1000 with arc. It was pretty much the only one i could find in a pinch and wasn't cheap. The only thing I don't like about it is it has a rubberized housing and doesn't slip in and out of your pockets very well. That also means it's less likely to slip out of your hand in the treestand though so it goes both ways.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Second on the vortex ranger. Unlimited lifetime warranty and extremely well made. Red lcd display is a great feature to boot

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Just got a Vortex Ranger myself and I love it! Lifetime warranty and angle compensation are just what I needed. Very happy with it so far!

Mac

1 - 11 of 11 Posts