The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good secure method to transport their crossbow on a 4 wheeler? I currently use a flex grip which works well for a gun or my compound bow but just not perfect for the cross bow. Preferably for a cross bow with the Ravin limbs.

As I must remove my quiver and attach a few bungie cords to hold it in place. There must be a better quicker way.

Most of the trails I use to get to my hunting areas are steep, brush along the sides, big rocks, lose grave size rocks , muddy, big roots and you get it rough in general.

Second This year I purchased a set of 3) ApI outdoors climbing sticks which are a great improvement over the rail system I had previously used. Does anyone have a good method to carry the sticks along with a full backpack and across bow in hand a few hundred yards to their tree stand?

·
Super Moderator
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well this year I am planning on removing the flex grips from the ATV front rack, tie the backpack down on the front rack, got my old ATV tree stand carrying accessory on the back of the ATV freeing up the back rack space where I plan to secure my crossbow in it's soft case.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I find a hard case! to much jarring on a atv. I do what NP said, this way I know my x-bow not going to hit anything! and if you connect your rack is free to haul out your deer

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
On the rare occasion I pull a cart it gets bungeed in the cart in a hard case.
Otherwise, I just sling it, which is 99% of the time. Haven't found a reasonable mount for the crossbow yet that doesn't leave it in a position to get caught up or covered in mud.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I do indeed have a hard case for a crossbow If anyone wants it they can have it. If your far from me you pay the shipping. I can ship from work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts