The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody need a hunting partner for opening day of rifle season on Monday in 2A-2B or 1A ? Possibly 2F, but I am poor as all get out right now
I could ride up with you though and split the gas
I have antlerless permits for those 4 areas and could really use getting a deer right now!! Forgot to mention, I probably can`t leave until Sunday or early on Monday morning of course.

Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
You and me both. I'm in the same situation here in 5C/5B.

I get my military retirement check on Tuesday, and by the time all the bills are paid, I have about $158.00 left for the rest of the month, and this has to go for gas in my car, groceries and to try and make Christmas worthwhile for my three kids.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,459 Posts
Hey guys I mean this in all seriousness and is it in no way to make it look like I think you guys need charity, and although I am not in the areas you are in, if you guys need deer meat and being on hard times you can't really get out there to where you need to to chase it down, let folks here know.

I can think of no better year in our recent history where hunters can help hunters, cause frankly not many look out for us anymore...I know the real request is help to get you out there so you can hunt and get your own, but if the season ends and you guys need some meat we can set something up here maybe by region...all requests by PM if you would like.

I am not sure how many my family might personally end up with , but I am sure we can put some together for ya, I bet dozens of guys on here can do the same.

We have Hunters helping the hungry, well how about hunters helping hunters.

I butcher my own (as do many others) so there would be no cost for anyone to pick up to help.

I know this was not the original request of this thread, but it got the wheels turning on what is a very tough year for alot of us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,381 Posts
Jack,

If I'm home, you are welcome to come with me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gal, that would be awsome!! Please let me know
You can PM me if you like.

Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
Re: Need Hunting Partner for Monday in 2A-2B or 1A

I will be out of town for the 1st 2 or 3 days of the season, but when I return we can hook up to hunt 2B or 1A. I live over by century III mall. Have a few good spots over here that we plug a few each year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Need Hunting Partner for Monday in 2A-2B or 1A

vandyke said:
I will be out of town for the 1st 2 or 3 days of the season, but when I return we can hook up to hunt 2B or 1A. I live over by century III mall. Have a few good spots over here that we plug a few each year.
That is very kind of you sir. I only live 15 minutes from you in Castle Shannon
Please PM me when you get back. I have 3-2B tags!!

Thanks-Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
Re: Need Hunting Partner for Monday in 2A-2B or 1A

Hi Jack...If you can make it to fayette and 2C, you are welcome to hunt with us.I have 2C doe tags as well the kids and bluetick also and we would be glad to send you home with some meat buddy. Who knows, you might get a buck up here too, the eyes have been seeing lots of em. Unless I am just getting old and goin blind...LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
Re: Need Hunting Partner for Monday in 2A-2B or 1A

Rooster,

I asked last year because I didn't move here in time to get a license, didn't have a job yet, and was living on my military retirement like I am now. I got one offer ( which I accepted), and a lot of people telling me to get off my rear and go out and hunt instead of asking for charity. I got more responses from putting a request on Craigslist and Freecycle, than I did here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,459 Posts
Re: Need Hunting Partner for Monday in 2A-2B or 1A

HBB,

My plan is to do a thread...have folks that need some meat PM me their address and zip, and if they will accept unbuthcered or only butchered deer. The I will post the request on the thread...i.e.

I have a request for butchered deer meat in zip 16365..then if anyone want to donate they respond and I share the info fro them to get meat to the person.

Like in many things, we are just the place for the connection to be made.

No comments like "get off your rear" would be allowed in any of this. I am sure folks participating are beyond that type stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Need Hunting Partner for Monday in 2A-2B or 1A

Thrillbilly said:
Hi Jack...If you can make it to fayette and 2C, you are welcome to hunt with us.I have 2C doe tags as well the kids and bluetick also and we would be glad to send you home with some meat buddy. Who knows, you might get a buck up here too, the eyes have been seeing lots of em. Unless I am just getting old and goin blind...LOL
I appreciate the offer Rob!! I wish I had an antlerless tag for there
I still may hunt there though. I usually go up to the ANF in 2F with brothers, but no $$$$ this year and my wife just had surgery, so I have to stay closer to home and for less days away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Need Hunting Partner for Monday in 2A-2B or 1A

Woo-Hoo, I am going to 2A with a great person from here on HPA on Monday
Thanks everyone!! Also, John, that is a great thing you are doing my friend
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,459 Posts
Re: Need Hunting Partner for Monday in 2A-2B or 1A

Good to hear Jack...GO GETTUM buddy!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,207 Posts
Re: Need Hunting Partner for Monday in 2A-2B or 1A

Jack not sure what your week is like but I will be off all week. Contact me for a midweek hunt if you want. Would be great to hit the woods together since out perch trips do not seem to work out so well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
Re: Need Hunting Partner for Monday in 2A-2B or 1A

Good Luck Jack and I am glad you are set. If things fold on ya after that, I always have an open spot man. I have two weeks this year!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
Re: Need Hunting Partner for Monday in 2A-2B or 1A

Jack
I should be back Tuesday evening. We are hunting in Leeper this year for the 1st 2 days. It is my brother in-laws new camp. For the past 10 years we hunted 2C by Keystone, so this is a change for us all. Even if I tag 1 up there I still have a 1A and a 2B tag. I will PM you when I return. Like I said, there are a few good places that I hunt around here and I will be more than happy to take you to them. It seems like we pop a few out of them each year. I just hope this year is the same! Good luck on Monday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Need Hunting Partner for Monday in 2A-2B or 1A

vandyke said:
Jack
I should be back Tuesday evening. We are hunting in Leeper this year for the 1st 2 days. It is my brother in-laws new camp. For the past 10 years we hunted 2C by Keystone, so this is a change for us all. Even if I tag 1 up there I still have a 1A and a 2B tag. I will PM you when I return. Like I said, there are a few good places that I hunt around here and I will be more than happy to take you to them. It seems like we pop a few out of them each year. I just hope this year is the same! Good luck on Monday.
Thanks man!! Good luck to ya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
octagon said:
Anybody need a hunting partner for opening day of rifle season on Monday in 2A-2B or 1A ? Possibly 2F, but I am poor as all get out right now
I could ride up with you though and split the gas
I have antlerless permits for those 4 areas and could really use getting a deer right now!! Forgot to mention, I probably can`t leave until Sunday or early on Monday morning of course.

Jack

plenty of room over here in the North Hills where I hunt
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top