The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Relative wants to sell ATV and is not sure of price. I am interested but want both of us to have fair deal.

Can you help me, what's this ATV worth?
1996 Yamaha 350 Big Bear. 2 wheel drive. manual transmission. electric start. New battery. Recent oil change.
Runs great. Very good condition. Babied for the past 10 years since he owned it.
Needs new tires.

PM me what you think is the price range and thank you.
Hern

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Agree with DCE, not more than 5 or 6 hundred for a 2wd 18 year old machine..

·
Registered
11,595 Posts
Are parts still available?

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks folks.
I did stop at a Yamaha dealer yesterday and he checked the internet and said $500 to $800.
Also said 2 x 4 is a hard sell nowadays.

Am not going to let this machine past by me for $500. It's in too nice of shape and has been stored for 8 years.
It's been in one of our sheds, since November...lol. And I been using it off and on.

Just wanted to know a fair price for both partys.
Thanks again,
Hern

·
Registered
21,260 Posts
It just isn't worth more than 500-600 dollars.I have a 98 suzuki LTF 500 that's in good shape and runs like a top.It's never let me down and has never failed to start,redardless of how cold it is.I really don't like it but have never sold it because it's worth more to me than it is to sell.If someone came buy and offered me anywhere close to $1800,it would be gone in an instant.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
I agree on the $500/$700 range for a old 2 wheel drive machine. They have there place as DCE pointed out, but still have a low resale value.

·
Registered
21,260 Posts
They have their place.There's just not much of a demand.Last summer I bought my daughter a new 2wd grizzly 300.I paid 3600 for it new.It does have it's place.This past weekend I was on my Suzuki,my son was on his grizzly 450 and my daughter rode that 300.It was clear most places but there were still stretches with quite a bit of snow and ice.I figured we's be pulling her out all day but she kept right up with us and never got stuck once.

·
Registered
9,646 Posts
It,s no different than all of the truck buyers THINKIN they need 4wd when if fact they don,t.We bought a new 1986 Honda Fourtrax 250 2wd.We owned it for 10 years or more and we NEVER got it stuck and we cover a lot of farm ground in all conditions.Snow,mud,cricks,etc.Those big heavy ugly massive monsters they sell now I gurantee you won,t go where that light nimble 250 would go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts