The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I patterned my xtrema2 for turkey with a new kicks choke and notice my pattern is low and left with every shot any idea how I may correct this. Thanks

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
If the shotgun patterns to the center with other chokes than take back the kicks and get another one. I've seen screw in chokes that patterned off by almost a foot. Sometimes you get a bad one. How far off is the pattern and what type of shells. Changing brands of shells may move the pattern. If it prints the same with different brands than it is either the shooter or the choke. Did you shoot from a rest with the gun supported?

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THe kicks really patterns well I hope its not the choke. I will try my buddies Indian Creek choke and try some different ammo. At 20 yards it shoots about 5in low and 5in left with a really nice pattern. I shot using shooting sticks multiple times with the same results. However I did shoot 1 Winchester round left over from last year it it shot center at 30yds so maybe I'll try that again too.

THanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE

It was the remington Nitros. I patterned again today and the Winchesters shot dead center. Never would have thunk it!

Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts