The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local gun club today for breakfast, and they were having a 3D shoot. When I stepped outside to smoke,I saw a few girls between 9 to 12 years old that were watching an archer warming up in at our archery range along side of our pavillion. I asked if they were going to shoot, and they said they have never had the chance. I asked, not even in school?, during gym?, or at camp? They looked at me like I was speaking greek. I asked if our club bought bows and arrows if they would use them and they both answered YEAH that would be so cool!. So I am on a mission. I remember when archery was part of gym class using the recuve fiber glass bows and wood arrows. I need some advice on what would be relativly in expensive bows, that would hold up for a year or 2. I am looking to get 4 bow packages , 2 for the smaller shooters, 4 to 8 year olds, and 2 for the bigger shooters, say 9 to 12. I would like to keep the cost under $150. Any one have any ideas? brands, types? extra arrows and alike? I also teach HTE, and might be able to finagle a good price direct from a manufacture, I just have know idea wich manufacture to contact.
I would be grateful for any help,
Thanks, Roland

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Roland FWIW- I've been in yer shoes man. See if the PGC will let you borrow their bows until you get something set up. Since you're HTE you can keep an eye on the bows AND their working order, which is a BIG help to the PGC.

I started a rec program here for the park and rec and we took donations till we got enough to buy our own equipment. Try a sporting goods store like Gander Mountain or start asking at you sportsmans club. Ask Rotary club, Lions Club Knights of Columbus etc.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Dont be afraid to try the Genesis bows. If you have a Gander Mt. they generally discount bows for rec programs. Make sure you get at least 1 lefty!!!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
if your still looking for a couple youth bows...let me know i can build you a couple and keep the cost under 150.00$....cost of materials will run around 100.00$...i build longbows,, reflex, deflex longbows, and recurves....it may take me a couple month to get them to you as i have others to build also...you can reply back or email me at... [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts