The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Salt and pepper your venison steaks, then make an egg wash, dip the venison in flour, then dip it in the egg wash, then back in the flour and fry in about 1/2 inch of oil till done. You can season the flour if you like. You can also make a white gravy by making a rue with the oil left in your pan and flour and add milk, bring up to a simmer till thickened, salt and pepper the gravy and serve over the steaks.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Here ya go,

Take pieces of steak, remove the silver skin, coat it with floor and then bread crumbs. Deep fry it till it floats, then pour about 1/4" of cream of chicken soup in a pan, place your deep fried steak in there and then cover with soup, bake in the over for 45 minutes at 400 degrees, down right yummy, serve with mashed taters.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I use Italian seasoned bread crumbs on the last coat---and here I sit in the cabin with two doe just walking out of the woods into the yard

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
never had country fried venison but did have country fried steak at Chilis and it was very good. That would be out of this world to have it with venison

·
Registered
303 Posts
we do them like John S only we beat them thin with a meat hammer first.makes them cut with a fork tender.leftovers become venison parmesan.

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
sorefoot said:
we do them like John S only we beat them thin with a meat hammer first.makes them cut with a fork tender.leftovers become venison parmesan.
Agreed. Pound 'em thin, and they cut like butter, even when eating older deer. I use Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs. Also, I call it Jaeger Schnitzel, and serve it with egg noodles and red cabbage.

·
Registered
340 Posts
ditto on JohnS recipe adding the tenderizing somehow, meat hammer or i've gone to tenderizing fork, works wonders and is outstanding. I just got back from hunting the hill country of Texas and this is the mainfare for many restaurants down there done just like this..Awesome & great eating!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts