The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 15 year old daughter who will be hunting for the first time this year and I cannot really afford to shell out hundreds of dollars for new camo. Does anyone know of any places where I can get cheap and/or used camo for her? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She needs everything from jacket to pants. I believe she's a womens medium so maybe a mens small. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Loggyman,
I think I have some mens Army issue med Woodland BDU pants, 2 Pr and maybe if I look hard a blouse /jacket cost zero dollars PM me to figure out how to get them to you.
Smage

·
Registered
82 Posts
If I still had my junior BDUs I'd offer to send em on too but I do not :-/

Nothing wrong with surplus, says I. I like allegheny surplus (they have a website, and they're cheaper if you catch em on ebay).. looks like you could get your kiddo outfitted for warmer weather for less than a hundred bucks (less than $50 if shes already got boots!)

Did a quick search and here's a military clothing sizing chart. At risk of telling you what you already know, surplus clothes come less in 'sizes' and more in 'ranges'.

http://www.unit-converter.com/sizes.html

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have an issued BDU top from the cough...80's. It's in nice condition. Your welcome to it,I think I still have the bottoms too,but they will be about a 31 to 33 inch waist and I know they need some buttons replaced but are otherwise in decent condition. I could send ya pics if you need them.

Regards,Jody

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Loggyman,
I havent forgotten about BDU Pants looking to come up with more and maybe a field jacket with liner. Hang in there.
Smage

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
look on ebay for military issue bdu's. the current issue marine and air force are really nice. it is a digital camo pattern heavy duty and lots of good pockets. thats what i bought for my kids when they started out. i still wear a set of usmc digital camo bdu's for turkey hunting and scout outings. make sure its the real deal and not a chinese ripoff like they sell at army navy stores. it will have the us government tags in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts