The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been into Brittanys for 30 yrs, I have 2 males right now, my wife keeps blowing a gasket when they’re outside chasing birds and stepping on her flowers, now I’ve seen her make plastic plants die. I’m tired of hearing it and am thinking about giving them up, Buddy is 8yrs , he’s out of Nolan’s Last Bullet on both sides and is fixed, Clay is 3 1/2 and out of a Nolan’s Last Bullet Son and a DC Shadow Attack on the dam side, both have had 2 months on training. They are bird finding machines, both are kept inside. They are very bidable and loyal. Both are orange and white. This not what I want to do but I’m at a loss with my decision. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 😞

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Give up the wife before the dogs.

But then again you are on a hunting forum. Probably get a different answer elsewhere.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I gave up a britt over 30 years ago. Not because of the wife but because i wanted to try a different breed. And to this day i regret doing it and wonder how i could have been so callous and cruel to a dog that i had spent six years hunting with and then just let someone else take her. Only you know your situation but i would think long and hard for another solution before i gave them up. Good luck'

·
Registered
346 Posts
If your wife's flowers are predominately in beds put in a underground fence and block them out.
Underground fence is the answer, lay it out well and keep in mind areas they “need” to get through (twist the wire in these areas) and protect the flowers! My lovely wife was quite upset at trampled gardens and now since the addition of the fence she only comments that they need weeded!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys, I do have an ungrounds fence already for the yard, if I do decide to let them go I want them to go together as they are brothers and don’t want to separate them

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
If you have a fence already all you need is some more wire and a few waterproof splices and make loops around the flowers.
Good luck

Now there's a solution! I have tons of wire here if needed. Not sure where you are located, if it's near me welcome to it. If not, I can ship.

Reactions: Dutch7

·
Registered
346 Posts
I probably have some wire as well, let me know how you make out. We just got the C word from the vet on our male GSP and if he isn’t already spoiled enough he will be. I don’t want you to lose yours over some posies!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts